It is only four days after the release fo Calibre 4.0.
New features for Calibre 4.1
- Viewer: Add an option to have a scrollbar (under Scrolling in the viewer preferences)
Viewer: Allow showing the ‘position in book’, as was displayed in the top left of the viewer in calibre 3, in the header or footer of the viewer.
- Viewer: Add options to control scrolling using the mouse in paged mode.
- Viewer: Allow copying images by right clicking on them.
- Viewer: Add a preference under Miscellaneous to allow only a single instance of the viewer
Viewer: Add keyboard shortcuts to toggle between paged mode and flow mode and to quit
Content server: Make the book size useable in custom book list templates.
- Edit metadata: Use a border rather than background color to indicate correct title and author sort values. Works better with dark themes.
- Kobo driver: Support for new firmware
It is a kinds of rush for this new release. more bug fixes on it.
It is almost one year after Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2, which released in October 2015. Now I found 4.1.3 is released on October 12, 2016.
A lot of people said that Apache OpenOffice Project Could End. The main reasons are no enough developer, security vulnerabilities can not be fixed in reasonable time frame.
During past three years, Apache OpenOffice Project released only three maintenance version. The main competitor, LibreOffice has 14 releases in 2015. Based on the requirement from ASF, at least one release per month is minimum.
I used Apache OpenOffice many years. I can not remember when I switch to LibreOffice. Maybe 2014.
Even I use LibreOffice for two years. I still hope Apache OpenOffice can continue developing its new version. I believe competition makes a better world, including software we use.
New Apache OpenOffice can be download here. Release notes here.
Continue reading “Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 Release”
Ubuntu is always a good desktop Linux distributation in the world. In the past years. more and more are installed as servers. Now I have four VPS are running under ubuntu, from 12.04 to 14.04.
Ubuntu 14.10 server is not a LTS edition. It will be supported in 9 months. Actually it will be upgrade to new version in 6 months.
Download Ubuntu 14.10 server here.
There is also a web forum programe has a new release. It is phpBB 3.1.0. The previous version of phpBB is 3.0.12, released on Sep 28, 2013, more than one year ago.
So I will take a trial installation on the new Ubuntu 14.10 Server. It is cool to have a test run on both new software.
Got email from CDN77. It announced that API 2.0 released.
Much more API features are now available. We worked hard so that we could give a positive answer to your most frequent questions:
“Can I create / edit / delete a CDN resource through API?”
YES! You can manage your CDN resources (incl. Live Streaming) easily with API.
“Can I integrate the reports to my internal tools using API?”
YES! All the data we provide you with in the Reports section + Logs are now reachable through API.
“Can I make changes to my account via API?”
YES! You can edit all the account details including the billing and invoicing section.
More details of API 2.0, check the Documents.
Calibre 64bit has new 1.37 release.
New Features of 1.37
- Edit Book: Live spell checking in the code view. Now spelling errors are highlighted in the code view for convenient correction as you type. This can be turned off via Preferences->Editor.
- E-book viewer: When using the tap and hold gesture on a touchscreen, allow lookup of the word currently under the finger in the dictionary or online.
- Edit Book: Allow putting the editor into replace mode by pressing the Insert key
- Content server: Add more descriptive titles to the OPDS feeds, where possible.
- Edit Book: Update the Table of Contents view automatically when the ncx file is edited.
- Edit book: Insert tag button: Allow entering attributes along with the tag name to make it easy to repeatedly insert, for example, <span class=’special’></span>.
- Windows driver for Woxter Scriba 190.
- Edit Book: Add an entry to the context menu of the preview panel to open external URLs when a link is right clicked on
New Features of 1.36
- Edit Book: A new tool to filter style information (Tools->Filter style information). Useful to easily remove some CSS properties from the entire book.
- DOCX Input: Add support for cross references. Cross references that are used to insert hyperlinks are now converted into hyperlinks in the output document. Features to insert paragraph/page numbers are not supported.
- Add support for viewing kepub files in the calibre viewer, by treating them as plain epub files
- Edit book: In the Insert Link tool show a few words of text alongside the location anchor name, to make it easier to know what a location is
- Manage user dictionaries: Allow copying all selected words by right clicking them and choosing ‘Copy to clipboard’.
- Content server: Make .ibook format files available in OPDS feeds
- Edit book: Allow copying the list of errors from the Check Book tool to the clipboard by right clicking on the list of errors
- Book polishing: If the books being polished have an ORIGINAL_EPUB/AZW3 format, warn the user that polishing will use it as the source and ask for confirmation.
New Features of 1.35
- Edit Book: Redesign the syntax highlighter to improve performance for large documents and extended editing sessions.
- Edit book: Make cursor movement smooth by not highlighting matching tags while the cursor is moving. Only match highlighting tags if the cursor stays still for a time.
- Spellcheck dialog: Indicate whether a word is ignored in the Misspelled column
- Spellcheck dialog: Pressing Ctrl+C on the words list copies only selected words, regardless of current cell
- Add a copy to clipboard action to the context menu for the spell check dialog
- Edit book: Fix save button incorrectly disabled after a failed save
New Features of 1.34
- E-book viewer: When in flow mode, handle swiping on the touchscreen differently. Swiping now scrolls line by line in flow mode instead of page by page. If you wish to scroll page by page in flow mode, tap instead of swiping.
- Conversion: Preserve all guide entries that are of a type present in the EPUB 2.0 specification. These entries are used by newer Kindle readers to populate the Go To jump list
- When adding MOBI files if the author name is in LN, FN format, auto change it to FN LN format, as the MOBI format has no author sort field. This behavior can be disabled by setting Preferences->Tweaks->Author sort name algorithm to copy.
- Spellcheck: When checking French text list all words that have the same stem as a single word. So j’aime and aime are listed as a single word.
- Spell check: Add a context (right click) menu that allows for quick operations on all selected words
- Manage user dictionaries: Add a button to import a list of words in bulk into the user dictionary
- Spell check dialog: Allow sorting words case sensitively
VirtualBox is a must have on my Windows 7. I installed Centos 6 32bit and 64bit testing guest system in it. And also retired Windows XP. So, keep Oracle VM VirtualBox updated is very important. Here is a new release of VirtualBox 4.3.
- VMM: more work on improving the emulation of certain MSR registers on certain host CPUs (e.g. bugs #12734, #12736, #12744, #12748, #12686, #12770)
- VMM: fixed single-stepping for real-mode guests (VT-x without unrestricted guest execution) and some I/O instructions (bug #12636)
- VMM: fixed a potential problem with COW pages if nested paging is not available
- GUI: Mac OS X: experimental native full screen support for Mountain Lion and Mavericks (bug #12292)
- GUI: Mac OS X: removed the mini-toolbar minimize button which doesn’t work under Mac OS X full screen mode anyway
- GUI: experimental HID LEDs synchronization for Windows and Mac OS X hosts: fixed keyboard re-synchronization if the feature is disabled (as done by default; bug #12758)
- GUI: fixed a potential crash when opening the preferences menu (bug #12862)
- OVF: fixed a crash of the VirtualBox Manager when re-starting guest export (bug #12586)
- 3D support: several fixes
- HGCM: fixed a problem with saved states which could cause several guest misbehavior after a VM was started from a saved state
- Storage: fixed a bug preventing to compact differential snapshots under certain conditions
- VBoxSVC: fixed a segmentation fault on Linux hosts if a very long path exists under /dev (bug #12760)
- API: fixed guest misbehavior under certain conditions if a storage medium was attached or removed at VM runtime
- Windows installer: make the –silent parameter work again (bug #12764)
- Mac OS X Networking: prevent local traffic (VM-to/from-host) from leaking to wire (bug #12750)
- Windows Additions: fixed the environment for guest processes (4.3.8 regression; bug #12782)
- Windows Additions/WDDM: fixed divide by zero exception with multiple guest screens under certain conditions
- Windows Additions/WDDM: fixed crashes with 2D video acceleration enabled (4.3.8 regression; bug #12745)
- Linux Additions: install correctly on Ubuntu guest systems with a /usr/lib64 directory (bug #12513)
- X11 Additions: fix for the VBoxClient process not exiting correctly (bug #12348) and consuming too much processor time
Click here to get the latest installation package at official site.
The day after April Fool, Google announced Universal Analytics is out of beta.
I have already switch my tracking code from the original old code to Universal Analytics code. Nothing need be changed on my sites. The only benefit form the official release is, more features come out.
Feature parity with Classic Analytics, new reports, better user-centric analysis
When Google first introduced Universal Analytics and ran the beta trial, the number one request from users was for full access to all Google Analytics features and tools. Bringing Universal Analytics out of beta means that all the features, reports, and tools of Classic Analytics are now available in the product, including Remarketing and Audience reporting.
Yes, Audience reporting is back.
Time Zone Based Processing: Fresher, more timely data
Updates to the Measurement Protocol: User Agent / IP Override
I will keep using Google Analytics for web site logging and analysis. It is a great tool for free.
- Webmin is a quite easy way to control VPS. It is a web panel.
- Version 1.680 (13th March 2014)
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Catalan from Jaume Badiella and Norwegian updates from Stein-Aksel Basma.
- Fixed security issues that could be exploited by un-trusted Webmin users in the PHP Configuration and Webalizer modules.
- Signed the File Manager module Java applet, to prevent scary browser warnings.
- UI library and strict perl conversions across several modules.
- When a language with a UTF-8 character set is selected, email is converted to UTF-8 before being displayed. This allows an inbox with mixed language subject lines to be properly displayed.
Click here to see the full list of the changes of new release.
This update is only applicable to North America devices.
The release notes for 1.10 are:
¤ Fix the issue with DS-Lite
¤ Fix the security issue with Samba
¤ Fix the issue with the mail server
¤ Fix the issue with DLNA
¤ Support the latest hidden page
¤ Support PPPoE Passthrough
I just don’t know what is latest hidden page.
Continue reading “Update D-Link DIR-850L router firmware to 1.10B08”
Calibre released 1.15. Here is the new features below from 1.12
New Features of 1.15
- A new book editor, capable of editing files in the EPUB and AZW3 (Kindle) formatsRight click on any book in calibre and choose ‘Edit Book’, to edit e-books in the EPUB and AZW3 formats. The new editor allows you to edit the HTML/CSS and images inside the ebooks in a seamless fashion, with live preview of your changes and many helpful automated tools for checking the book for errors, editing the table of contents, merging, splitting, bulk renaming and so on. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit.html for more details and help using the new editor. Note that the editor is a completely new codebase and is still being actively developed, so expect a few bugs and many new features in the near future. However, the editor as it stands is extremely useable and useful today. Note that it replaces the old ‘Tweak Book’ feature in calibre. If you want the old Tweak Book back, it has been renamed to ‘Unpack Book’, you can go to Preferences->Toolbars and add it back. Happy holidays!
- Edit metadata dialog: In the tag editor, allow easy filtering of the lists of available and applied tags.
- Driver for Onyx Boox C65.
New Features of 1.14
- Edit metadata dialog: Add the ability to trim covers manually, if automatic trimming is not satisfactory.
- You can now show any metadata field below the covers in the cover grid view, not just title. To change the displayed field go to Preferences->Look & Feel->Cover Grid.
- Allow searching for plugins by name in the install new plugins dialog
- Kobo driver: Allow sending kepubs to older kobo devices as well, also add support for firmware 3.1
- Allow viewer plugins to customize the viewer’s user interface
New Features of 1.13
- Edit metadata dialog: Facilitate editing the authors for books that have a large number of authors, by using a dedicated ‘Edit authors’ tool, which you can launch by right clicking the authors in the edit metadata dialog and selecting ‘Edit authors’.
- Conversion: Fix specifying shorthand properties in filter css not working. Now all shorthand properties automatically filter out all the properties they are shorthand for.
- Kobo driver: support new firmware version 3.0.1
- Wireless device driver: Cache metadata on a per device basis.Allows for using different cover thumbnail sizes on different devices. Will force device to resend all metadata the first time it is connected after this upgrade.