Calibre released 1.15. Here is the new features below from 1.12
New Features of 1.15
- A new book editor, capable of editing files in the EPUB and AZW3 (Kindle) formatsRight click on any book in calibre and choose ‘Edit Book’, to edit e-books in the EPUB and AZW3 formats. The new editor allows you to edit the HTML/CSS and images inside the ebooks in a seamless fashion, with live preview of your changes and many helpful automated tools for checking the book for errors, editing the table of contents, merging, splitting, bulk renaming and so on. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit.html for more details and help using the new editor. Note that the editor is a completely new codebase and is still being actively developed, so expect a few bugs and many new features in the near future. However, the editor as it stands is extremely useable and useful today. Note that it replaces the old ‘Tweak Book’ feature in calibre. If you want the old Tweak Book back, it has been renamed to ‘Unpack Book’, you can go to Preferences->Toolbars and add it back. Happy holidays!
- Edit metadata dialog: In the tag editor, allow easy filtering of the lists of available and applied tags.
- Driver for Onyx Boox C65.
New Features of 1.14
- Edit metadata dialog: Add the ability to trim covers manually, if automatic trimming is not satisfactory.
- You can now show any metadata field below the covers in the cover grid view, not just title. To change the displayed field go to Preferences->Look & Feel->Cover Grid.
- Allow searching for plugins by name in the install new plugins dialog
- Kobo driver: Allow sending kepubs to older kobo devices as well, also add support for firmware 3.1
- Allow viewer plugins to customize the viewer’s user interface
New Features of 1.13
- Edit metadata dialog: Facilitate editing the authors for books that have a large number of authors, by using a dedicated ‘Edit authors’ tool, which you can launch by right clicking the authors in the edit metadata dialog and selecting ‘Edit authors’.
- Conversion: Fix specifying shorthand properties in filter css not working. Now all shorthand properties automatically filter out all the properties they are shorthand for.
- Kobo driver: support new firmware version 3.0.1
- Wireless device driver: Cache metadata on a per device basis.Allows for using different cover thumbnail sizes on different devices. Will force device to resend all metadata the first time it is connected after this upgrade.
Here is the new features of Calibre 1.12.0
- Auto adding: Option to add files of all types, not just ebooks. You can now tell calibre to auto add all file types, instead of just known ebooks via Preferences->Adding books->Automatic adding.
- Quick view: Show the title/author/series columns in the same order as in the main book list.
- Update Kobo driver to allow sending kepubs
- Allow right clicking on covers to copy them in the metadata cover download dialog.
It is time to upgrade to latest WordPress 3.7.
New features here:
- Background Updates
- Automatic updates for maintenance and security updates.
- Daily updates for developers using nightly builds.
- Stronger Password Meter
- New password meter to encourage users to choose stronger passwords.
- Improved Search
- More relevant search results.
- Better Global Support
- Localized versions will receive faster and more complete translations.
- Background updates will include translations
HDMI organization just posted HDMI FORUM RELEASES VERSION 2.0 OF THE HDMI SPECIFICATION. It is a new standard. Previous is HDMI 1.4
I wrote one post before about HDMI 1.3 vs HDMI 1.4
So, what about HDMI2.0. What’s new?
HDMI 2.0 vs HDMI1.4
- Max Clock Rate: 600Mhz vs 340Mhz
- Maximum TMDS throughput per channel (Gbit/s) including 8b/10b overhead: 6 vs 3.4
- Maximum total TMDS throughput (Gbit/s) including 8b/10b overhead: 18 vs 10.2
- Maximum throughput (Gbit/s) with 8b/10b overhead removed:14.4 vs 8.16
- Maximum color depth (bit/px): 48 vs 48
- Maximum consumer resolution over single link at 24-bit/px: 3840×2160p60 vs 3840×2160p30
HDMI 2.0 has following five new features:
- 4K resolution support at 60 fps
- Support for up to 32 channel audio
- Support for up to 1536 kHz audio
- Support for up to 4 audio streams
- Support for 21:9 aspect ratio
A few days ago, I upgrade the Webmin to 1.640 at my VPS. Now I saw another updates on the Webmin control panel.
Version 1.650 (17th August 2013)
- Fixed bugs in the Apache and Software packages module.
- Added the ability to change the execution time of Webmin scheduled functions.
It is kind of important to keep the Webmin installation update.
I run it on my Burst.net, Linode, and Digital Ocean VPSs.
Here are the new features of the following release.
New Features of 0.9.40
- EPUB Output: Add an option to insert an inline Table of Contents into the main text.
- Driver for LG Android phone
- When matching books in the library against the device manually, pre-fill the search field with the book title
New Features of 0.9.39
- Bulk metadata edit: Add a checkbox to prevent the refreshing of the book list after the bulk edit. This means that the book list will not be resorted and any existing search/virtual library will not be refreshed. Useful if you have a large library as the refresh can be slow.
- Allow manually marking a book in the calibre library as being on the device. To do so click the device icon in calibre, then right click on the book you want marked and choose ‘Match book to library’. Once you are done marking all the books, right click the device icon and choose ‘Update cached metadata’
- Driver for Coby Kyros MID1126
- When adding formats to an existing book, by right clicking the add books button, ask for confirmation if some formats will be overwritten.
- Add a tweak to restrict the list of output formats available in the conversion dialog. Go to Preferences->Tweaks to change it.
Here is new features of Calibre 0.9.32
- Show the number of currently selected books in the status bar at the bottom of the book list
- Driver for PocketBook Touch 623 and Yarvik tablet Xenta 13c
- When editing dates such as published, allow pressing the minus key to clear the date and the = key to set the date to today.
I do like Calibre. It is must-have for any one who has a Kindle Touch. I use Calibre almost every week to sychonize my books between PC and Kindle Touch. It is great to convert the format of books and keep all books in order.
New features of 0.9.31
- Book list: Highlight the current cell in the book list, particularly convenient for usage with the keyboard.
- Allow creation of advanced rules for column icons.
- Driver for the limited edition SONY PRS-T2N
- MOBI Input: Add support for MOBI/KF8 files generated with the to be released kindlegen 2.9.