G3Grey Theme and required modules for Gallery 3, Gallery the Revival.
What is Gallery 3?
Menalto Gallery 3 Project was a nice, free PHP-based photo gallery engine many years back. It went into hibernation due to a lack of support some years ago but is still being used by a number of sites.
There is an attempt to revive the project led by Brad Dutton here and a discussion forum here.
I start to use Gallery 2 in 2007. Later in 2010, I upgraded it to Gallery 3.
I am still using it on my HomeLab website. Now, it is Gallery the Revival. version 3.1.5.
The theme I was using is GreyDragon Theme, made by Serge D. He did not update anymore for this theme since he uses Piwigo.
So, I start using GreyDragon as a base to make my own OpenSource G3 Grey Theme.
It is a custom theme. It is a kind of fork from the GreyDragon theme. I removed all short-open tags first. To make sure it is working with Gallery The Revival 3.1.5. Later I will make more changes to make it modern and updated.
On the release page, v5.0.0
- Download and unpack the package into Gallery’s themes folder. Please make sure “g3grey” folder is not duplicated.
- Login as Admin into your Gallery 3 instance and navigate to Admin\Appearance\Theme Choice
- Activate G3Grey theme
- It is advised to visit Admin section of the theme and review provided options at Admin\Appearance\Theme Options
I am also using Fancybox modules for popup-style image preview.
GitHub Link: https://github.com/binghuiyin/g3grey
Please post any requests, questions, bugs, or support on the forum.
You can donate to my tea fund for a tea break when I continue my improvement with this project.
List of themes and modules for Gallery 3
G3 Grey Theme 5.0.0 Link
G3Grey Share 2.0 Link
Fancybox 2.0 Link
External 2.0 Link
- Make it work with Gallery the Revival. Done
- Double-check the functions.
- JS to the latest version
- CSS to the latest version
- Add more color pack