Calibre released 1.15. Here is the new features below from 1.12
New Features of 1.15
- A new book editor, capable of editing files in the EPUB and AZW3 (Kindle) formatsRight click on any book in calibre and choose ‘Edit Book’, to edit e-books in the EPUB and AZW3 formats. The new editor allows you to edit the HTML/CSS and images inside the ebooks in a seamless fashion, with live preview of your changes and many helpful automated tools for checking the book for errors, editing the table of contents, merging, splitting, bulk renaming and so on. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit.html for more details and help using the new editor. Note that the editor is a completely new codebase and is still being actively developed, so expect a few bugs and many new features in the near future. However, the editor as it stands is extremely useable and useful today. Note that it replaces the old ‘Tweak Book’ feature in calibre. If you want the old Tweak Book back, it has been renamed to ‘Unpack Book’, you can go to Preferences->Toolbars and add it back. Happy holidays!
- Edit metadata dialog: In the tag editor, allow easy filtering of the lists of available and applied tags.
- Driver for Onyx Boox C65.
New Features of 1.14
- Edit metadata dialog: Add the ability to trim covers manually, if automatic trimming is not satisfactory.
- You can now show any metadata field below the covers in the cover grid view, not just title. To change the displayed field go to Preferences->Look & Feel->Cover Grid.
- Allow searching for plugins by name in the install new plugins dialog
- Kobo driver: Allow sending kepubs to older kobo devices as well, also add support for firmware 3.1
- Allow viewer plugins to customize the viewer’s user interface
New Features of 1.13
- Edit metadata dialog: Facilitate editing the authors for books that have a large number of authors, by using a dedicated ‘Edit authors’ tool, which you can launch by right clicking the authors in the edit metadata dialog and selecting ‘Edit authors’.
- Conversion: Fix specifying shorthand properties in filter css not working. Now all shorthand properties automatically filter out all the properties they are shorthand for.
- Kobo driver: support new firmware version 3.0.1
- Wireless device driver: Cache metadata on a per device basis.Allows for using different cover thumbnail sizes on different devices. Will force device to resend all metadata the first time it is connected after this upgrade.