The old firmware on this Kobo Mini is 2.1.5. Today I did an update, it is 2.4.0 now.
Here is the guide to make update.
1) Make sure you’re within range of an available Wi Fi network, and that your eReader’s battery is fully charged. You must stay within range of this network while your eReader updates.
2) From the Home page, tap the Menu icon.
3) Tap the Sync button.
4) Your eReader will connect to the network and will inform you of an available software update.
5) You will be asked to agree to the update.
6) When finished the update, the eReader will inform you and restart. Once it is powered up, you will see the list of What’s New.
Here is the release notes I received.
Continue reading “Update Kobo Mini firmware”
Amazon released the new firmware of Kindle Touch. Firmware 5.3.2.
Update procedures are clearly described at official site here.
- Download the firmware 5.3.2. It is 50MB. File name is Update_kindle_5.3.2.bin
- Copy the file to Kindle root.
- Press Menu > Settings, then press Menu > Update Your Kindle, wait the device update and restart.
Continue reading “Update Kindle Touch firmware to 5.3.2 from 5.1.2”
I have three routers in house. One is provided by ISP, Telus. It is 2 in 1, including modem and router. The second router is Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. It is placed beside Telus device. There two are connected with lan cable. Both are in the living room ground floor. The third router is located at basement. It is Buffalo WZR0HP-G300NH2. It is connected to the second router with wireless connection as client bridged.
I drew a reference layout.
Now, let me describe the network problem. It bothered me for two months.
I have a PC, Windows 7, in the basement, connect the router 3 with wire connection.
Normally I have no problem to working on this PC. Web browsing, online gaming, streaming video.
Until last month, I tried to install a Centos server. The server can not do update, can not wget remote files.
In the server terminal window, I can ping domain and get the IP address of Google.com, but I can not traceroute path to Google.com. It said network is unreachable, something like that.
When I tracert my host from Windows, the error looks like below:
Continue reading “Fixed a strange network problem”
Upgrade my O!Play HDP-R1 from 1.38N to 1.41N.
1. Fix the issue that in photo grid view mode, only first BMP picture will be shown correctly, the rest BMP files will be shown as question marks.
Fix the HDD hanging issue when plugging external Buffalo HDD into O!Play.
I did not upgrade to 1.39, but direct upgrade to 1.41 from 1.38.
Download the firmware here.
It is time to update my DNS-323. D-Link just release the new firmware 1.10.
Here is the release notes I re-formated. Because the format of release notes in the download package is so bad.
1. Replace upnp av server with Rovi media server.
2. Bugfix : BT causing web crashed issue.
3. AutoIP bugFix : unable to get ip if Lan cable is disconnected during device power up and plug-in after power cycle finished.
4. Replace unpnp av server back to our own server which is already passed DLNA v1.5 certification.
5. No password is needed under Vista/Win7 in Open Mode.
6. Bugfix : after refreshing the “Schedule Download” page, some of the tasks will be deleted occasionally.
7. Extend the accessible file and folder of FTP server from 2000 to 10,000.
8. Bugfix : usb hotplug unable to work after upgrade busybox version to v1.11.2.
9. Bonjour is built-in.
10. Support AutoIP.
11. Failed to access Volume_1/Volume_2 when upgrading f/w from v1.09 to v1.10.
12. FAN failed to rotate when upgrading f/w from v1.09 to v.1.10.
13. Start to rebuild automatically in Normal to Raid1 migration even “Auto Rebuild” is not being set by user.
14. Specific f/w for Technical Support.
15. Support Advanced Format disk.
16. Bugfix : “Auto-Rebuild” will always being enabled no matter disabled or enabled “Auto-Rebuild”.
17. Bugfix : Enabling “Auto-Rebuild” will cause Volume_2 failed to be mounted sometimes.
18. Change the Advanced Format popup message slightly for formatting. On the last sentence we need to change “click Next” to click “OK” and then add, “or click Cancel to stop the formatting process.”
19. Auto rebuild will be performed immediately when migrating from Normal to Raid1 to ensure data integrity no matter “Auto Rebuild” is being disabled or enabled due to “Auto Rebuild” setting is only apply to Raid1 degraded mode.
20. “Reconfigure to Raid1” not worked with some brand of disk with same size and same model name.
21. While in standalone mode, the existing Volume is not allowed to perform scandisk when a new disk being inserted without formatting.
Continue reading “DNS-323 firmware update to 1.10”
Almost one year past. LG Shine Plus get it latest upgrade OS.
When I bought it in March 2011, it shipped with Android 2.1.
New OS brings some features I like.
1) App2SD works.
2) GUI looks more beautiful, and fonts are clear.
Because I do not jailbreak the phone, so App2SD is more important to me than others.
By move some data or programs to SD, I can install more Apps to it.
here you can download the firmware and also has upgrade instruction.
Last time I upgraded Asus O!Play to v1.33N in last Oct. So check the official site, found the latest one is v1.38N.
There is also v1.35N in between.
The updates from v1.33 to v1.38 are below.
- Add new feature: Hungarian menu support.
- Fix bug: O!Play will restart when inserting ASUS HS-1000W.
- Added MKV header compression format support
- Fixed the bug: The “N” letter of Greek subtitle cannot be displayed correctly on the screen.
Continue reading “Asus O!Play HDP-R1 V1.38N”
I have my WZR-HP-G30NH router running for more than 200 days without restart. As I mentioned I would upgrade the firmware to the latest one.
I have already use DD-WRT firmware. The version on my router was v24-sp2(02/24/10) std build13977. I check the router database, the latest I can use is build14896.
There are two types of files can be download from dd-wrt site.
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH: Special File for initial flashing buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH: Webflash image wzr-hp-g300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin
The first one is used on the buffalo original firmware. Which can replace the buffalo firmware to ddwrt firmware.
The second one is to upgrade router which use ddwrt firmware already. It is for me.
Continue reading “Upgrade WZR-HP-G300NH to latest DD-WRT firmware”
I just checked my router, Buffalo WZR-G300NH, I bought it 10 months ago. I installed DD-WRT on it to replace the firmware build-in.
It is running smoothly over 277 days. Never re-boot during last 9 months.
So I would like to show off my ROUTER.
Look at the screen shot below of the dd-wrt infor page.
The reason why the router can work for such long time is the CPU and Memory
Continue reading “Running DD-WRT on Buffalo WZR-G300NH 227 days”
Just found the update description on o!Play HDP-R1 firmware v1.33
O!Play HDP-R1 firmware update (For NTSC TV system user)
1. Add Podcast media service
2. Shorten the time of samba scanning
3. Improve HDMI compatibility
4. Fix photo slide show issue: system will be reset when playing some jpg files
5. Fix weather service issue: reset issue
6. Fix it can’t play OGG file
7. Fix ASUS RT-11N firewall issue.
8. Fix exif issue: can’t show correctly
9. Fix volume UI issue: sometimes can’t disappear
10. Fix stopping photo with music issue: the system will stop photo first and then music
11. Fix file copy issue: the File copy UI can’t disappear
12. Change the audio driver firmware
Will update my media player this weekend.