Calibre 64bit has new 1.37 release.
New Features of 1.37
- Edit Book: Live spell checking in the code view. Now spelling errors are highlighted in the code view for convenient correction as you type. This can be turned off via Preferences->Editor.
- E-book viewer: When using the tap and hold gesture on a touchscreen, allow lookup of the word currently under the finger in the dictionary or online.
- Edit Book: Allow putting the editor into replace mode by pressing the Insert key
- Content server: Add more descriptive titles to the OPDS feeds, where possible.
- Edit Book: Update the Table of Contents view automatically when the ncx file is edited.
- Edit book: Insert tag button: Allow entering attributes along with the tag name to make it easy to repeatedly insert, for example, <span class=’special’></span>.
- Windows driver for Woxter Scriba 190.
- Edit Book: Add an entry to the context menu of the preview panel to open external URLs when a link is right clicked on
New Features of 1.36
- Edit Book: A new tool to filter style information (Tools->Filter style information). Useful to easily remove some CSS properties from the entire book.
- DOCX Input: Add support for cross references. Cross references that are used to insert hyperlinks are now converted into hyperlinks in the output document. Features to insert paragraph/page numbers are not supported.
- Add support for viewing kepub files in the calibre viewer, by treating them as plain epub files
- Edit book: In the Insert Link tool show a few words of text alongside the location anchor name, to make it easier to know what a location is
- Manage user dictionaries: Allow copying all selected words by right clicking them and choosing ‘Copy to clipboard’.
- Content server: Make .ibook format files available in OPDS feeds
- Edit book: Allow copying the list of errors from the Check Book tool to the clipboard by right clicking on the list of errors
- Book polishing: If the books being polished have an ORIGINAL_EPUB/AZW3 format, warn the user that polishing will use it as the source and ask for confirmation.
New Features of 1.35
- Edit Book: Redesign the syntax highlighter to improve performance for large documents and extended editing sessions.
- Edit book: Make cursor movement smooth by not highlighting matching tags while the cursor is moving. Only match highlighting tags if the cursor stays still for a time.
- Spellcheck dialog: Indicate whether a word is ignored in the Misspelled column
- Spellcheck dialog: Pressing Ctrl+C on the words list copies only selected words, regardless of current cell
- Add a copy to clipboard action to the context menu for the spell check dialog
- Edit book: Fix save button incorrectly disabled after a failed save
New Features of 1.34
- E-book viewer: When in flow mode, handle swiping on the touchscreen differently. Swiping now scrolls line by line in flow mode instead of page by page. If you wish to scroll page by page in flow mode, tap instead of swiping.
- Conversion: Preserve all guide entries that are of a type present in the EPUB 2.0 specification. These entries are used by newer Kindle readers to populate the Go To jump list
- When adding MOBI files if the author name is in LN, FN format, auto change it to FN LN format, as the MOBI format has no author sort field. This behavior can be disabled by setting Preferences->Tweaks->Author sort name algorithm to copy.
- Spellcheck: When checking French text list all words that have the same stem as a single word. So j’aime and aime are listed as a single word.
- Spell check: Add a context (right click) menu that allows for quick operations on all selected words
- Manage user dictionaries: Add a button to import a list of words in bulk into the user dictionary
- Spell check dialog: Allow sorting words case sensitively
I upgrade my Calibre installation from v1.19 to v1.27. A lot of new features added since Calibre 1.19. The following is the new features from v1.20.
New Features of 1.27
- An option to add multiple books from inside a ZIP or RAR file. Right click the Add Books button and choose ‘Add multiple books from archive’.
- Database backend: Make the database backend more robust when the calibre library is placed on flaky filesystems. Now when an I/O error occurs while writing to the database, the connection to the database is closed and re-opened and the operation is retried.
- DJVU Input: Speedup extraction of text from DJVU files by implementing the BZZ decoder algorithm in C
New Features of 1.26
- Edit Book: Allow direct importing of HTML or DOCX files as new books without doing a full conversion. Use File->Import HTML or DOCX to import a file as a new EPUB book with minimal changes from the original.
- Linux binary installer: Various improvements to the binary installer. It now creates an un-installer (calibre-uninstall) that will remove all files created by the installer. It also no longer asks for the installation directory. If you wish to change that, you need to specify it in the installation command itself. Also the installer is now downloaded securely via HTTPS from github and verifies the signature of the installed files. Finally, it can be used to create an isolated install, that only makes changes to files in the installation directory and does not require root privileges.
- Metadata download: Add an option to merge the downloaded comments into existing comments, instead of overwriting (Preferences->Metadata download).
- Edit book: Add an option to automatically beautify individual files whenever they are opened for editing. Look under ‘Editor Settings’ in the Edit Book Preferences.
- Bulk metadata download: When reviewing downloaded metadata allow hiding the controls on the comments box by right clicking in the comments area. Useful on smaller screens.
- E-book viewer: When displaying metadata for the book, also display custom column metadata
Continue reading “Upgrade to Calibre 1.27.0 from 1.19”
It is time to memo the new features of Calibre 1.19.
New Features of 1.19
- Edit book: A new tool to insert special characters into the text, available via Edit->Insert special character. Supports all unicode characters (over 60,000 of them). See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit.html#inserting-special-characters
- Edit book: When searching for text in the editor, center the found text on screen
- Driver for teXet TB-146SE.
- Edit book: Show tooltips in the File Browser for ‘special’ files, such as the cover, opf, ncx, etc.
- Edit book: When checking book, check for entries in the OPF whose mimetype does not match the file extension.
New Features of 1.18
- Add an option to control how completion works when editing authors/tags/series/etc.By default, when completing items, calibre will show you all the candidates that start with the text you have already typed. You can instead have it show all candidates that contain the text you have already typed. To do this, go to Preferences->Tweaks->Completion mode. For example, if you type asi it will now match both Asimov and Quasimodo, whereas the default behavior would match only Asimov.
- Edit book: Add a check for too large HTML files when running the check book tool.
- Conversion: Sort the CSS rules in the output stylesheet using a ‘natural’ sort algorithm, so that calibre2 sorts before calibre10.
- Cybook Orizon driver: Upload cover thumbnails in the correct format and add an option to control what directory books are sent to on the SD card
- Portable installer: Do not ask the user for confirmation when upgrading an existing installation during an automated install
- Linux/OS X driver for Trekstor Pyrus LED
- Driver for Tagus Lux
Continue reading “Upgrade to Calibre 1.19”
Calibre released 1.15. Here is the new features below from 1.12
New Features of 1.15
- A new book editor, capable of editing files in the EPUB and AZW3 (Kindle) formatsRight click on any book in calibre and choose ‘Edit Book’, to edit e-books in the EPUB and AZW3 formats. The new editor allows you to edit the HTML/CSS and images inside the ebooks in a seamless fashion, with live preview of your changes and many helpful automated tools for checking the book for errors, editing the table of contents, merging, splitting, bulk renaming and so on. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit.html for more details and help using the new editor. Note that the editor is a completely new codebase and is still being actively developed, so expect a few bugs and many new features in the near future. However, the editor as it stands is extremely useable and useful today. Note that it replaces the old ‘Tweak Book’ feature in calibre. If you want the old Tweak Book back, it has been renamed to ‘Unpack Book’, you can go to Preferences->Toolbars and add it back. Happy holidays!
- Edit metadata dialog: In the tag editor, allow easy filtering of the lists of available and applied tags.
- Driver for Onyx Boox C65.
New Features of 1.14
- Edit metadata dialog: Add the ability to trim covers manually, if automatic trimming is not satisfactory.
- You can now show any metadata field below the covers in the cover grid view, not just title. To change the displayed field go to Preferences->Look & Feel->Cover Grid.
- Allow searching for plugins by name in the install new plugins dialog
- Kobo driver: Allow sending kepubs to older kobo devices as well, also add support for firmware 3.1
- Allow viewer plugins to customize the viewer’s user interface
New Features of 1.13
- Edit metadata dialog: Facilitate editing the authors for books that have a large number of authors, by using a dedicated ‘Edit authors’ tool, which you can launch by right clicking the authors in the edit metadata dialog and selecting ‘Edit authors’.
- Conversion: Fix specifying shorthand properties in filter css not working. Now all shorthand properties automatically filter out all the properties they are shorthand for.
- Kobo driver: support new firmware version 3.0.1
- Wireless device driver: Cache metadata on a per device basis.Allows for using different cover thumbnail sizes on different devices. Will force device to resend all metadata the first time it is connected after this upgrade.
Here is the new features of Calibre 1.12.0
- Auto adding: Option to add files of all types, not just ebooks. You can now tell calibre to auto add all file types, instead of just known ebooks via Preferences->Adding books->Automatic adding.
- Quick view: Show the title/author/series columns in the same order as in the main book list.
- Update Kobo driver to allow sending kepubs
- Allow right clicking on covers to copy them in the metadata cover download dialog.
Continue reading “Upgrade to Calibre 1.12.0”
This is a new version of Calibre, eBook Manager software.
I like to put the upgrade news here, because I like this software. It is free and compatible with most of the ebook devices in the market.
- Conversion: Treat .docm the same as .docx files, ignoring any macros in the file.Closes tickets:
- EPUB Output: Auto convert CMYK images to RGB. Works around the inability of Adobe Digital Editions to display CMYK images.Closes tickets:
- Quickview: Add a checkbox to lock the quickview window so that it does not change while moving around in the main book list
Continue reading “Upgrade Calibre v1.10”
New Features of Calibre v1.9.0
- Drivers for the new Nook Glowlight, Lenovo IdeaPad and Kindle Fire HDX (linux)
- Add an option to check for duplicates (books with the same title/author) when copying between libraries. Option is under Preferences->Adding books.
- Content server: Display book title on details page. Also put the most important fields (authors/series/tags) at the top.
- When developing recipes using the command line, allow specifying the number of feeds and articles when using the –test parameter.
- PDF Output: Option to control title of generated Table of Contents
- PDF metadata: If one of the keywords in the PDF is a valid ISBN, use it as the ISBN for the book
Continue reading “Upgrade Calibre v 1.9.0”
New Features of 1.8.0
- DOCX Input: Support linked (as opposed to embedded) images, if the linked image is found on the local computer.
- FB2 Input: Add support for note and cite back references. Link pairs of type=”note” and type=”cite” now automatically generate the correct back reference.
- When automerging books during during an add, include the author as well as the title in the report of merged books.
- OS X Mavericks (10.9) breaks connecting to iTunes and iBooks on iOS devices. For more details see: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215624
Continue reading “Upgrade Calibre to 1.8.0”
It is time to get upgrade from Calibre 1.4.0 to 1.7.0.
New Features of 1.7.0
- Cover grid: Allow using images as the background for the cover grid. To choose an image, go to Preferences->Look & Feel->Cover Grid.
- An option to mark newly added books with a temporary mark. Option is in Preferences->Adding books.
- Edit metadata dialog: Allow turning off the cover size displayed in the bottom right corner of the cover by right clicking the cover and choosing ‘Hide cover size’. It can be restored the same way.
Continue reading “Upgrade Calibre to 1.7.0”