Only one month, Calibre is from 1.0 to 1.4.0. It looks it start to use the big digit for version number.
New Features of 1.4.0
- Column icons: Allow the use of multiple icons with column icon rules.
You can now have column icon rules display multiple icons in a single column, side by side. There are two ways to do this, either specify multiple icons when creating the rule, or create multiple rules that match the same book and specify the icon type to be ‘composed’ for every rule. See Preferences->Look & Feel->Column icons for details.
- Kobo driver: Add support for new cover handling in Kobo Aura with updated firmware
- Driver for Icarus Essence
- Show a warning when attempting to copy books between libraries that do not have the same set of custom columns.
- EPUB/AZW3 Output: Use shorthand forms for margin, padding and border CSS properties, where possible
- Allow colons in identifier values, needed for using URIs as identifiers
- Comments editor: Allow treating arbitrary URLs as images
- Show full path of library under mouse in status bar when switching/renaming/deleting libraries via the calibre library button.
- DOCX Input: Add support for embedded EMF images that are just wrappers around an actual raster image.
Continue reading “Upgrade Calibre to 1.4.0”
It is new release. Even Calibre has updates so often, but it reached v1.0 on Aug 23.
The big changes, or new features from 0.9 to 1.0:
- A grid view of book covers
- A new, faster database backend
- Virtual Libraries
- Conversion of Microsoft Word documents
- New metadata download sources
- Full support for font embedding
- An easy to use tool to edit the Table of Contents in ebooks
- Rewritten PDF Output engine
- New tool: “Polish books” that allows you to perform various automated cleanup actions on ebooks
Continue reading “Calibre reachs v1.0”
New Features of 0.9.42
- When downloading metadata from Amazon, convert the amazon categories into tags. You can turn this off by going to Preferences->Metadata download and configuring the Amazon source.
- Kobo driver: Add an option to modify the styling in books being sent to the device, based on a template on the device.
- Get Books: Add support for two more Polish ebook stores: cdp.pl and ebooki.allegro.plcalibredb: Add a new clone command to create clones of libraries with the same custom columns, virtual libraries, etc. as the current library.
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.42 from 0.9.40”
Here are the new features of the following release.
New Features of 0.9.40
- EPUB Output: Add an option to insert an inline Table of Contents into the main text.
- Driver for LG Android phone
- When matching books in the library against the device manually, pre-fill the search field with the book title
New Features of 0.9.39
- Bulk metadata edit: Add a checkbox to prevent the refreshing of the book list after the bulk edit. This means that the book list will not be resorted and any existing search/virtual library will not be refreshed. Useful if you have a large library as the refresh can be slow.
- Allow manually marking a book in the calibre library as being on the device. To do so click the device icon in calibre, then right click on the book you want marked and choose ‘Match book to library’. Once you are done marking all the books, right click the device icon and choose ‘Update cached metadata’
- Driver for Coby Kyros MID1126
- When adding formats to an existing book, by right clicking the add books button, ask for confirmation if some formats will be overwritten.
- Add a tweak to restrict the list of output formats available in the conversion dialog. Go to Preferences->Tweaks to change it.
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.40 from 0.9.36”
New Features of 0.9.38
- Book polishing: Add option to embed all referenced fonts when polishing books using the ‘Polish Books’ tool.
- DOCX Input: Add support for clickable (hyperlinked) images
- DOCX Input: Insert page breaks at the start of every new section
- Drivers for Trekstor Pyrus Maxi and PocketBook Surfpad 2
- DOCX Input: Add support for horizontal rules created by typing three hyphens and pressing enter.
New Features of 0.9.37
- Conversion: Add option to embed all referenced fonts
Add an option to embed all fonts that are referenced in the input document but are not already embedded. This will search your system for the referenced font, and if found, the font will be embedded. Only works if the output format supports font embedding (for example: EPUB or AZW3). The option is under the Look & Feel section of the conversion dialog.
- ToC Editor: When generating a ToC from files, if the file has no text, do not skip it. Instead create an entry using the filename of the file.
- AZW3 Input: Add support for the page-progression-direction that is used to indicate page turns should happen from right to left. The attribute is passed into EPUB when converting.
- ebook-convert: Add a –from-opf option to read metadata from OPF files directly, instead of having to run ebook-meta –from-opf after conversion
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.38”
Upgrade my Calibre to 0.9.36 from 0.9.33
New Features of 0.9.36
- DOCX Input: Support for Table of Contents created using the Word Table of Contents tool. calibre now first looks for such a Table of Contents and only if one is not found does it generate a ToC from headings.
- DOCX Input: Add support for images used as bullets in lists
- DOCX Input: If a large image that looks like a cover is present at the start of the document, remove it and use it as the cover of the output ebook. This can be turned off under the DOCX Input section of the conversion dialog.
- When dropping files onto the Book Details panel, ask for confirmation before adding the files to the book. The confirmation can be disabled.
- News download: Add the ‘downloaded from’ link at the bottom of every article when using a touchscreen output profile (like the Tablet profile).
- E-book viewer: Change the bookmark button to always popup a menu when clicked, makes accessing existing bookmarks easier.
- After a bulk metadata download, focus the review button on the popup notification, instead of the OK button.
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.36”
Upgrade my Calibre 64bit to 0.9.33
- PDF Output: Add an option to generate a printable Table of Contents (that lists page numbers). Useful if you intend to print out the PDF.
- Replace the book counts in the choose library button and next to the virtual library button with the names of the current library and virtual library. The count information is now displayed in the status bar at the bottom.
- When reviewing downloaded metadata, add a button to view the book being reviewed.
- Get Books: Add SONY Reader Store (Australia).
- For users running calibre from source, note that calibre has moved to using git for source control. See http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214465 for details
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.33”
Here is new features of Calibre 0.9.32
- Show the number of currently selected books in the status bar at the bottom of the book list
- Driver for PocketBook Touch 623 and Yarvik tablet Xenta 13c
- When editing dates such as published, allow pressing the minus key to clear the date and the = key to set the date to today.
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.32”
I do like Calibre. It is must-have for any one who has a Kindle Touch. I use Calibre almost every week to sychonize my books between PC and Kindle Touch. It is great to convert the format of books and keep all books in order.
New features of 0.9.31
- Book list: Highlight the current cell in the book list, particularly convenient for usage with the keyboard.
- Allow creation of advanced rules for column icons.
- Driver for the limited edition SONY PRS-T2N
- MOBI Input: Add support for MOBI/KF8 files generated with the to be released kindlegen 2.9.
Continue reading “Upgrade Calibre to 0.9.31”