Sixapart released MovableType Beta 2.
I updated MovableType 4 Beta Unofficial Blog. It is very easy. Just copy the files and overwrite the beta 1 files.
The mt-upgrade.cgi is not needed.
It fixed some issues. Look at the change logs of beta 2.
I tried to delete some blog in Beta1 of MovableType. I got the error message as below:
I think it is a bug of this beta version. I would like to report it.
I went to the Know issue of MT4, this bug is in the list.
Now I have an MovableType 4 Beta installation at my Dreamhost. OK, I can post more tests or screen shots here to introduce it.
Dashborad of backend.
Look at the screen shot below. The time axis tab can drag to change the time period of reporting comments, entries, and tags in the given period.
The dashboard is not only for one blog, but also for whole system.
I test the Beta 1 brand new installation at my Dreamhost server. It is very easy to install it.
Sixapart is developing the next MT, MovableType 4.
Compared with WordPress, another famous Blog platform, MT goes behind.
Now it try to go ahead. It put some new features:
* A completely reinvented user interface with a dashboard overview of how all of your blogs are doing
* Support for publishing standalone pages and managing file assets and images right within MT
* Brand-new community features like OpenID, and a built-in user registration system
* A completely redesigned component architecture that makes MT faster and more scalable than ever before
* And it’s going to be available in a completely open source version with its home at a completely relaunched community site that revives an old, beloved URL: movabletype.org.
The bold text above is what I think I am waiting for.
Media file or uploaded file management
That’s why I like it and keep to use it from my first Blog post.
I have a MovableType installation with EnhancedEntryEditing (EEE) plugin on another server.
It is good to use when I need to copy and paste a formated Microsoft Word paragraph into MT post and keep the same format.
The only think I don’t like is the font size is too small when I switch to WYSIWYG screen.
Look the left one is the original EEE’s editing box, the default font size is too small, compared with the middle regular font size.
I’d like to hack it and increase the font size to as same as the regular one.
It is very easy to hack it. If you know where is the file to change, it takes you only 1 minute.
OK, let me tell the security.
SixApart announce an update of the default plugin Spamlookup
It is a manual update. The steps as below:
1. Login to Movable Type. (Your account will need to have System Administrator privileges.)
2. Click on the “Plugins” link in the main navigation on the left hand side.
3. Look for the “SpamLookup – Lookups” plugin set listed among your other plugins.
4. Click “Show Settings.”
5. Under “IP Blacklist Services” highlight and replace the text “opm.blitzed.org” with “zen.spamhaus.org”.
6. Click “Save Settings.”
After update, the commenting speed will be improved. You can try to leave your comment to test it.
Of course, the known spams will be blocked automatically.
Just upgraded this Blog from MovableType 3.33 to 3.34.
This upgrade is very easy.
1) Download the 3.34 package.
2) Decompress the zip file.
3) Copy all files to the installation folder, confirm to overwrite.
No update for Database.
The Scode plugin works on it.
MT 3.34 is coming yesterday very quietly.
I knew this information from other blogger. I think it should be put into the back-end of MovableType platform.
Ok, let’s see what’s
* Fixes important potential XSS vulnerabilities
* Is a free and recommended update for all Movable Type users
* Enables simple use of FastCGI which yields a 15x performance increase Sixapart bring to us.
Here is the release notes for 3.34, go to check it out.
When I finish this post, I will download the updated Mt3.34 and try it in a brand new install and a update.
Some people noticed that I have the related entries follow the main entry body.
I use TagSupplementals Plugins to implement this feature.
The installation is very simply. I don’t explain it.
The topic I want say is about how to add the code into the MovableType template.
1) Install the plugin.
2) Add tags into every entry.
3) Add the following code into Individual Entry Archive template file:
Find <p class=”entry-footer”>
Add following code after the footer section.