It is time to upgrade the forum powered by phpBB.
New maintenance version 3.0.11 released.
I have a small forum just upgraded from 3.0.10 to 3.0.11. It is easy to use Automatic Update Package.
There are tons of bugs and improvements made on phpBB 3.0.11.
And one new feature:
[PHPBB3-10616] – Add template inheritance by default
When I login as administrator into ACP, there is one warning shown as below:
The version of PHP on this server will no longer be supported by future versions of phpBB.
Click the details and find the answer. phpBB 3.1 “Ascraeus” to require PHP 5.3.2
MS release its monthly update for Windows. There are 10 high priority updates need to be done.
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2685939)
Download size: 551 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool – June 2012 (KB890830)
Download size: 3.8 MB , less than 1 minute
After the download, this tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection that is found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time that you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center, or you can run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an antivirus product.
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2656369)
Download size: 1.2 MB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
Microsoft has critical vulnerability in the Remote Desktop Protocol. So, the Burst.net send me the email about it, as below.
Recently, Microsoft published a security bulletin and recommended fix for a critical vulnerability in the Remote Desktop Protocol (CVE-2012-0002), which has the potential to impact all versions of Windows from XP through the most recent developer preview. This vulnerability allows for remote code execution by an unauthenticated attacker. More information is currently available at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletin/ms12-020.
Microsoft has issued a statement confirming that CVE-2012-0002 was privately reported. This problem has been given an Exploitability Index of 1, indicating that exploit code is likely. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/cc998259 for more details.
At this time, we are highly recommending that all clients who may be impacted by this issue:
1. IMMEDIATELY apply the provided patch.
2. Enable Network Level Authentication – This will require any potential exploits to first successfully authenticate to the server before an RDP session is established.
NOTE: This RDP solution is just one of many security patches released by Microsoft this week.
phpMyAdmin 3.4.9, a bugfix release with minor security fixes.
I use the old version for a long time.
To upgrade to phpMyAdmin 3.4.9, just download it and extract it.
It is not recommended to overwrite the old version. So install it into a new folder is safer.
After extract to a new folder. I tried the installation with its setup script.
It is time to update my DNS-323. D-Link just release the new firmware 1.10.
Here is the release notes I re-formated. Because the format of release notes in the download package is so bad.
1. Replace upnp av server with Rovi media server.
2. Bugfix : BT causing web crashed issue.
3. AutoIP bugFix : unable to get ip if Lan cable is disconnected during device power up and plug-in after power cycle finished.
4. Replace unpnp av server back to our own server which is already passed DLNA v1.5 certification.
5. No password is needed under Vista/Win7 in Open Mode.
6. Bugfix : after refreshing the “Schedule Download” page, some of the tasks will be deleted occasionally.
7. Extend the accessible file and folder of FTP server from 2000 to 10,000.
8. Bugfix : usb hotplug unable to work after upgrade busybox version to v1.11.2.
9. Bonjour is built-in.
10. Support AutoIP.
11. Failed to access Volume_1/Volume_2 when upgrading f/w from v1.09 to v1.10.
12. FAN failed to rotate when upgrading f/w from v1.09 to v.1.10.
13. Start to rebuild automatically in Normal to Raid1 migration even “Auto Rebuild” is not being set by user.
14. Specific f/w for Technical Support.
15. Support Advanced Format disk.
16. Bugfix : “Auto-Rebuild” will always being enabled no matter disabled or enabled “Auto-Rebuild”.
17. Bugfix : Enabling “Auto-Rebuild” will cause Volume_2 failed to be mounted sometimes.
18. Change the Advanced Format popup message slightly for formatting. On the last sentence we need to change “click Next” to click “OK” and then add, “or click Cancel to stop the formatting process.”
19. Auto rebuild will be performed immediately when migrating from Normal to Raid1 to ensure data integrity no matter “Auto Rebuild” is being disabled or enabled due to “Auto Rebuild” setting is only apply to Raid1 degraded mode.
20. “Reconfigure to Raid1” not worked with some brand of disk with same size and same model name.
21. While in standalone mode, the existing Volume is not allowed to perform scandisk when a new disk being inserted without formatting.
I upgraded almost eight blogs powered by WordPress yesterday when I got the release news of WordPress 3.3.1.
WordPress 3.3.1 is now available. This maintenance release fixes 15 issues with WordPress 3.3, as well as a fix for a cross-site scripting vulnerability that affected version 3.3. Thanks to Joshua H., Hoang T., Stefan Zimmerman, Chris K., and the Go Daddy security team for responsibly disclosing the bug to our security team.
The good part is that update procedures are pretty simple.
visit Dashboard → Updates in your site admin.
Actually, I update themes and plugins first. Then update WordPress.
Almost 9 months ago, Kindle 3.1 updates released. Now it is Kindle 3.3.
Some of the features included in this update are: Download your archived Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: You can now view and download your archived personal documents to your Kindle Keyboard conveniently anywhere at any time. Your personal documents will be stored in your Kindle library until you delete them from Manage Your Kindle. Whispersync for Personal Documents on Kindle Keyboard: Just as with Kindle books, Whispersync automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations for personal documents (with the exception of PDFs) across the Kindle devices. Learn more about Kindle Personal Document Service on www.amazon.com/kindlepersonaldocuments AmazonLocal deals on Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers: Kindle Keyboard with Special Offers users in many regions can now view,purchase, and redeem AmazonLocal deals directly from Kindle Keyboard — no computer, no printer, no hassle. AmazonLocal offers savings up to 75% off products and services from businesses in your city, national chains and online merchants. Learn more about AmazonLocal on www.amazonlocal.com. Voice Guide Shortcut: Kindle Keyboard users can now quickly turn the Voice Guide feature on and off by holding the Shift key and pressing Spacebar. Voice Guide reads aloud menu options, content listings and item descriptions. To learn more about using Voice Guide on Kindle Keyboard, visit Customize Your Reading on Kindle.
Click here to go to Amazon to download correct version. Before download it check your serial number first.
Then copy the the bin file to the root folder of your kindle.
Just few days after the release of WordPress 3.2, wordpress 3.2.1 released.
It is said that it fixes a JSON-related server incompatibility problem that affected some users. Fixes for the new dashboard design and the Twenty Eleven theme, based on the popular Duster theme, are also included.
There is no problem for me. I would like to keep my installation of WordPress update as usual.