My Pontiac Remote is more than twelve years old. I replace the battery twice if my memory is not wrong.
How to Replace the Battery in a Pontiac Remote Control
Last month, the remote is not working any more. No matter how hard I press the rubber button.
I also clean the contact parts with rubber. Still not working.
After a few search on eBay and Amazon. The replacement of remote is more than $20. And also it is hard for me to program the key fob.
Later I bought a set of fob from Taobao. Actually it is not a completed set, but just the case and rubber. CNY15 each. I paid CNY 30 for two cases. Convert to Canadian dollor is CA$6.
Continue reading “Pontiac SV6 Remote Control fob not working”
It is a sad news. I use LogMeIn for many years. I used it to do the troubleshooting on my parents in law’s computer remotely. They live in San Francisco.
Today, I sign in LogMeIn account and saw this news.
To continue using remote access, you’ll need to purchase an account subscription of LogMeIn Pro. As a loyal user, you’re entitled to discounted introductory pricing, with packages starting at $49/year for two computers.* Your new account includes our signature remote access with premium features like remote printing, file transfer and cloud data access, plus desktop and mobile apps to improve your experience.
Please note: If you do not take action, the Free computers highlighted in your account will become inaccessible on 1/28/2014. Only 7 days left!
Instruction of Philips Perfect replacement Universal remote control SRC2063 6+3 combo pack. This is a guide to tell you how to program it, or how to choose the code for your TV, DVD, etc.
It is a combo pack. One SRP2003 for 3 different devices and one SRP2006 for 6 different devices.
Both remote controls work on TV, DVD players, Cable box, Satellite receiver, Blu-Ray player. SRP2006 can also work on VCR and DVR devices.
Here is an example show you how to set up the universal remote controls for TV.
1. Turn ON the TV manually or use the original remote control for it. Tune to channel 1.
2. Press and hold the “TV” device selection button for 5 seconds, until the red Setup light blinks. The remote control is now in setup mode for TV.
3. Look up the 4-digit code for your brand in the brand list at the back of the user manual. A 4-digit code is shown for each brand. Use the digit buttons to enter the code for your brand. If the red Setup light turns off, an invalid code was entered. In this case, try again.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV set. Press and hold the “Power” button. Release it immediately as soon as the TV turns off. This step normally takes between 5 and 60 seconds. In extreme circumstances this step can take up to 15 minutes.
Continue reading “Philips Universal Remote Control SRC2063”
I just start to use Telus TV service since 2012. I have a HD Box without PVR function. The remote control looks like the one below.
For reference only, I put the User Guide here. If, you have same module, you can use the guide to programe it. It will work with your TV, DVD player, STB (Telus box), and one AUX.
Continue reading “IR Universal Remote Control User Guide for Telus HD Box”
If you have a Shaw remote control as below, you can use the code I provided below to program your device.
This is Atlas PVR Universal Remote Control, which is preprogrammed to operate the Shaw cable box.
To control devices other than the Shaw digital box, do the following steps.
1) Turn on a device and, if applicable, insert video media,(eg, DVD.)
2)On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e. AUX, DVD, AUD, TV or CBL); it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the selected mode key blinks twice.
3) Use the “Manufacture’s Codes” to locate the type of device and brand name and then enter the first four-digit code for your device. If performed correctly, the selected mode key will blink twice.
If the selected mode key emits a long blink, the entry is invalid. Repeat steps 2 through 3 and try entering the same code again.
4) Aim the remote control at the device and press PWR once. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 2 through 3, trying each code for your brand until you find one that works. If it still does not respond, try searching for the code.
Now Let us go through the Manufacturer’s Codes.
Continue reading “Program Shaw Remote Control by Code”
Got a TrendNet TV-IP501W from Dell.ca. It costed me $82.31 Canadian dollors.
It is DISCONTINUED PRODUCT, based on TRENDnet official site.
Here is the feature list:
Wi-Fi compliant with IEEE 802.11b/g standards
Compatible with 802.11n wireless networks when set to 802.11n/g/b mixed mode
Wireless encryption support for WEP, WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK standards
45 degree horizontal and 35 degree vertical viewing angle
4.57mm focal length and 1.9 F/No
4x digital zoom
Option to provide a hardwire network connection with the 1x 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet port
High quality MJPEG video recording with up to 30 frames per second
Resolution up to VGA: 640 x 480 pixels
Included camera mounting kit
Hear sound from the built in microphone
Supports TCP/IP networking, SMTP Email, HTTP and other Internet protocols
Motion detection triggered email alerts and image upload via FTP
Multiple adjustable motion detection windows with just-in-time snapshot
Quick Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) installation
Complimentary IPView Pro 2.0 software: manage up to 32 IP View cameras *
Complimentary IPView software: supports Windows XP andVista operating systems
3-year limited warranty
Continue reading “Trendnet TV IP501W”
The Shaw Digital Cable Box has no power button. So It is very important to record the manual way to program it. The universal way to program it without code is not working.
There four steps.
Turn on the Shaw Digital Cable Box by plugging the power cord.
On the remote control, press the device key: CBL
It will blink once. The press and hold SETUP until the selected mode key blinks twice.
Continue reading “Program Shaw Remote Control for Cable Box”
I got a new Shaw digital box. Smaller and with a big remote control.
To program all your devices, including TV, Cable box, DVD, AUD, AUX, just follow this quick setup without any code.
Continue reading “How to program Shaw Remote Control NEW!”
I wrote the post about how to replace the battery of Pontiac Remote.
Here are pictures of them and my own tips to clean it.
If you can see the red circle part, it is a small gap. This is the place to insert thin flat-head screwdriver.
When opened the car remote, it is clear to see the battery.
Continue reading “Tips to clean Pontiac Remote Control”
I have a Pontiac SV6 mini van. I found the remote control sometimes not work. I try to replace the battery of it.
The number on the back of remote control is GM/L:15100811.
The front looks like below.
The battery type is CR2032. Very popular, you can find it in any stores.
The steps to replace the battery in a Pontiac Remote Control
1) Insert a small knife or thin flat-head screwdriver between the remote halves, directly underneath the slot for your key ring. It is actually the part I circled it in red above.
Continue reading “How to Replace the Battery in a Pontiac Remote Control”