My DIR-850L has firmware 1.06 now. Yesterday, I saw 1.09 is released in September, 2013.
I checked the release notes of it, below.
Firmware: v1.09 9/17/2013 NA and EU Region
¤ Block traffic between WAN and LAN ports during booting
¤ Fixed UPnP security issue
¤ Improved wireless IOT issue
¤ Enhanced direct access stability with mydlink SharePort app
I would like to upgrade my router.
Download the firmware file here http://support.dlink.ca/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-850L
How to upgrade the Router firmware.
1. Write the configuration settings on paper.
2. Factory reset the router using the routers web page Tools/System, is easiest, or the back button.
3. Update the router using the routers web page Tools/System using the .bin file(s) that was downloaded for your product model. The .bin files have to be unpacked from the .zip file. (Use IE and wired connection to do the update processing)
4. After the router as updated and status has reported it was successful on the routers web page. Perform one more Factory reset of the router using the routers web page Tools/System.
5. After the router has reset and come back to ready, reconfigure the router from scratch.