There are a lot of old programs or games can not install or run on current, or stat of art, Windows 7. DOSBox is the best way to do it. Bring me back to the old time.
Now, it is how-to shown you the steps to install DOSBox.
1) Download the appropriate version of the program for your operating system. You may need to download an installer program first.
The latest version is 0.74. Download the Windows binary installer.
2) Make a folder for your MS-DOS programs or games. Name it something memorable, like “DOSAPP.”
3) Run Run DOSBox. Click on DOSBox 0.74 icon to run the program.
4) Mount the directory setupped on step 2. Assign your virtual DOSBox drive a letter; this is where you will mount the game folder that you created.
The command to mount driver is:
mount c e:\dosboxapp
c is C driver, dosboxapp is located at E driver of Windows 7.
Then, inside the DOSBox, c driver the working driver including the MS-DOS program.
5) Run the program inside of DOSBox, tested with DOS game: Descent
Enter the command: descent to run the game. It is a old 3D FPA tunnel game.
When quit the game, it shew as below:
It is a 3D game supported by DOS/4GW engine. At DOS age, a lot of game writen by DOS/4GW, such as DOOM, Wolf, etc.
- CTRL+F7 = Decreases frameskip
- CTRL+F8 = Increases frameskip
- CTRL+F11 = Slows down the game
- CTRL+F12 = Speeds up the game