Yesterday, I serched the tool to make a bootableUSB drive with DOS command.
Rufus tool is one of the choice.
I download the tool. It is only 788KB. Just click it and run on the Windows 7.
Look at the screenshot above. I plug in a 2GB USB drive. Then choose the bootable option, MS-DOS. Click start and done in seconds.
Continue reading “How to make a bootable USB drive”
There are a lot of old programs or games can not install or run on current, or stat of art, Windows 7. DOSBox is the best way to do it. Bring me back to the old time.
Now, it is how-to shown you the steps to install DOSBox.
1) Download the appropriate version of the program for your operating system. You may need to download an installer program first.
The latest version is 0.74. Download the Windows binary installer.
2) Make a folder for your MS-DOS programs or games. Name it something memorable, like “DOSAPP.”
Continue reading “How to install DOSBox on Windows 7”
Sometimes I need to flash the mother-board BIOS from DOS. Actually now I have not tools can boot the PC to DOS. There is no floppy disk driver on it. I can only make a DOS bootable USB disk to do the job.
So I have the USB disk on hand. It is 2GB, the smallest capacity one I have.
The method to make a bootable USB disk is a little bit different from the one I blogged 6 years ago.
1) Download flash tools – HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (Please google it and find the download link by yourself)
2) Download DOS package , named Win98 boot. (Also try to google it)
3) Decompress these two file.
Continue reading “Make a bootable USB disk to flash MB BIOS”
I have a script file used in cron jobs.
I create and edit this file on Windows 2000. The editor is UltraEdit.
When I finished editing, I upload the file to Dreamhost by FTP.
I tried to use it through SSH command.
It failed with following error notes.
Continue reading “DOS Format and Unix Format”