I have an desktop about two years old with ATI 9200 video card which is almost 4 years old. I replaced the fan of this video card in 2005.
Now I would like to buy a new video card with High-definition(HD) play capacity.
Because the computer is equipped by AGP slot, the products are limited. Most of the main stream graphic cards are PCIe.
I found one with the price I fell OK. I went to Bestbuy closer to my office in the lunch time.
Diamond Viper ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 AGP 256MB GDDR2 Video Card
I have not opened the box. I will take some pictures for reference.
Features at a glance
* 128-bit GDDR2 memory interface
* High-speed 128-bit-HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering
* Up to 24X Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing
* Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10 & Shader Model 4.0, OpenGL 2.0
* ATI Avivo™ HD Video and Display architecture
* HDCP Support
* CATALYST Software Drivers
* Windows Vista™ 3D environment Support
* GPU: ATI Radeon™ 2600PRO
* Bus Type: AGP
* Core Clock: 600 MHZ
* Memory Size: 256MB
* Memory Configuration: 8Mx32 GDDR2
* Memory Interface: 128-Bit
* Memory Speed: 800 MHz
* Peak Pixel Fill Rate: 14.4 Gpixels/sec
* Peak Memory Bandwidth: 16.0 GB/s
* API Support: DirectX® 9.0 and 10.0, OpenGL
* Display Formats: 2 x Dual Link DVI + HDTV-Out
I hope it can improve the HD video quality and game power. Sometimes I edit DV for my daughters.
The price is $119.99, plus Tax is 134.39