Selfoss programe is very helpful to me. There is also some issues, such as duplicate items.
Anyway, I did the upgrade from 2.4 to v2.6 today.
The upgrade procedures are simple. See following upgrade guide. For me, I just did step 1, 2,3.
1. backup your database and your “data” folder
2. (IMPORTANT: don’t delete the “data” folder) delete all old files and folders excluding the folder “data”
3. upload all new files and folders excluding the data folder (IMPORTANT: also upload the invisible .htaccess files)
4. Rename your folder /data/icons into /data/favicons
5. Delete the files /public/all.css and /public/all.js
6. Clean your browser cache
7. insert your current database connection and your individual configuration in config.ini. Important: we change the config.ini and add new options in newer versions. You have to update the config.ini too.
* fixed OPML import for other formats (thanks a lot to Remy Gardette)
* fix deletion of sources (no longer bad request)
* disable tag click on smartphone
* shortcuts mark/unmark as read and star/unstar also available on closed articles
* fix tag list refresh
* new navigation with right/left cursor (thanks a lot to jicho)
* replace • for IE compatibility
* fix re-initialize entry events on screen width change (thanks a lot to Sean Rand)
* allow optional userdefined user.css (thanks a lot to Jean Baptiste Favre)
* some smaller css tweaks (thanks a lot to Sean Rand)
* new parameter use_system_font for using Arial instead of Open Sans
* new italian language file (thanks a lot to David Chionne)
* fix duplicate article fetching on uids with more than 255 characters
* add integrated json api
* add error handling for feeds with wrong link
* new swedish translation (thanks a lot to andersgd)