I used selfoss about 5 month. As a replacement of Google Reader, it is good, but not good enough. The development is slow. The duplication of items still there.
Now I give it up and go for Feedly.
Feedly is a Cloud Feed Reader platform.
I can read feeds on desktop. I can read feeds on my Android with Feedly App.
Feedly will tell you how many readers on a particular blog feed. Look at one of my blog, it has 1K readers.
Continue reading “Start to Use Feedly cloud”
Today, I reviewed the whole site with some tools. Then made changes on template files, images file to improve Yinfor.com.
1) I have feed on my web site. So any one want to subscribe can click the icon.
First, I check the feed file. Found it has some errors. So, I fixed it and check it with W3C Validation service.
Now it is
2) I put Facebook like button on entry page before. Later I removed it and replace it by a social service, named AddThis.
When I review HTML code, I found some leftover on pages. So I clean the code at templates. Then rebuild the site.
3) Since I mentioned AddThis service, I used Share Buttons codes on two places per web page. One is just below the post title. The other one is next to my related posts section. To improve the load speed of web pages, I replaced the Share Buttons by Smart Layers. It is one piece code, mobile ready. I copy and paste the code just in front of the ending body tag. Now you can see three places with different functions. On the left, there are five button to share the post. On the up right corner, there are four icons, including Facebook, Twitter, linkedin, and Google Plus. These icons are link to my profile page of these Social Network.
And the last, on the bottom of the webpage, recommended content are provided from my blog.
Continue reading “Day 2 – Two Week Campaign”
Selfoss programe is very helpful to me. There is also some issues, such as duplicate items.
Anyway, I did the upgrade from 2.4 to v2.6 today.
The upgrade procedures are simple. See following upgrade guide. For me, I just did step 1, 2,3.
1. backup your database and your “data” folder
2. (IMPORTANT: don’t delete the “data” folder) delete all old files and folders excluding the folder “data”
3. upload all new files and folders excluding the data folder (IMPORTANT: also upload the invisible .htaccess files)
4. Rename your folder /data/icons into /data/favicons
5. Delete the files /public/all.css and /public/all.js
6. Clean your browser cache
7. insert your current database connection and your individual configuration in config.ini. Important: we change the config.ini and add new options in newer versions. You have to update the config.ini too.
Continue reading “Upgrade selfoss to v2.6”
Everyone knew Google Reader is going to retire on July 1, 2013. So I make a decision that I will not use other RSS reader service. I would like to have my personal Feed Aggregator site.
Selfoss is an OpenSource replacement of Google Reader. Look at the following features.
- web based rss reader
- universal aggregator
- open source and free
- easy extendable with an open plugin system (write your own data connectors)
- mobile support (Android, iOS, iPad)
- use selfoss to live stream and collect all your posts, tweets, feeds in one place
- lightweight PHP application with less than 2 MB
- supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and Sqlite Databases
- OPML Import
- easy installation: upload and run
Continue reading “selfoss release 2.4 – replacement of Google Reader”
As the title said, Google AdSense for Feed will be discontinued. Effective from December 3, 2012.
Continue reading “Google AdSense for Feed is retired”
Tell you how to use template to output excerpt as feed in MovableType 5.04
If you subscribe my Blog feed, you may noticed that the feed is not full content output anymore. Yes, I change the way feeds output.
Let me show you how to change it to excerpt in MovableType 5.04.
Click Design, Templates,
Open the feed template, for me, it is atom.xml
Find the following code
Continue reading “Change Feeds Output”
I have never see this one before. Now I add my blog feed into Digg.
It asked for verify the ownership of feed.
It calls Auto-Submit Content feed.
I have a related entries section on individual archive of this blog.
So any old posts have relation with current post will be listed under the bottom.
You like it, me too.
Suddenly, I think I can add this feature into my Feed.
Ok. let me do it and show you how to do it.
1) Under Template Module, create a new module named as “my-feed-fun”:
2) In Atom.xml template, find
Add the following after it.
Save and rebuild.
Tyler Hall mentioned that Google has a weather feed.
I tried it. It is so good.
Let me introduce it. Xuuuuuuuu!!!!, it is a secrete.
Burnaby BC, Canada weather code
It can set language. This is Chinese version.
Continue reading “Weather Feed from Google”