Recently Google made four changes to its Search Console Index Coverage report. It let website owners or site administrators better understanding the indexing issues.
- Removal of the generic “crawl anomaly” issue type – now all crawl errors should be mapped to an issue with a finer resolution.
- Pages that were submitted but blocked by robots.txt and got indexed are now reported as “Indexed, though blocked by robots.txt” instead of “submitted but blocked” (error)
- Addition of a new issue: “indexed without content”(warning)
- Soft 404 reporting is more accurate.
These changes are rolled out from yesterday. But I can see some changes already implemented in my Google Search Console.
Google’s official blog post announced this 2021 January update yesterday.
To make the website get a higher ranking in the Google Search Results Page, the site owner should get his website, web pages indexed by Google Search Engine, first. Without the index, no ranking.
I did the following improvements to my blog yesterday.
- Change the WordPress theme configuration.
- Change the default picture size.
- Start to fix the errors or warnings reported in Google Search Console.
- Write a post.
I am looking forward to publishing more posts in the rest days of the week.