This time, I upgrade my Calibre installation to 2.66. It is alway an update every week. I would like to track new features in what’s new.
The most exciting features added in past eight updates are following:
New Features of v2.66
- A simplified calibre logo
- Edit Book: Allow restricting a search to the files currently open for editing
- Driver for the PocketBook Touch HD
- Kobo driver: Add support for firmware version 3.20
New Features of v2.65.1
- Driver for Kobo Aura One and Aura Edition 2
- Kobo driver: Add an option to ignore some collections on the device. The specified collections will not be touched by the driver.
- Add an option in Preferences->Searching to make searching case-sensitive
- DOCX Input: Add support for right-to-left text/tables
New Features of v2.64
- Custom columns: Add a new ‘Short text’ column type that behaves like the builtin title column
More generally, you can now customize Comments-like columns, controlling how their headings are displayed in the Book Details panel and also specifying what kind of data they contain (plain text, HTML or even Markdown)
- Edit book: Function mode: Allow appending text to the end of the marked text when running function mode search/replace on marked text
- PDF Output: Add a new variable _TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_ for use in header/footer templates that resolves to the current top-most section in the Table of Contents
- Linux/OSX: Shutdown gracefully on receiving the interrupt or terminate Unix signals
New Features of v2.63
- News download: Allow controlling which periodicals are automatically sent to a specific email in Preferences->Sharing by email
- Edit Book: Update regex engine to support Unicode 9.0
New Features of v2.62
- EPUB metadata: Support for reading and writing EPUB 3 specific metadata. Now when processing EPUB 3 files, calibre will generate/use EPUB 3 specific metadata constructs when available, for example for series.
- Recognize the newest Kindle model, that started shipping today.
New Features of v2.61
- Driver for FNAC (re-branded Bq) with new firmware.
- Edit Book: Check Book: Add an auto fix action to remove all links to a missing resource (such as a deleted stylesheet) automatically.
New Features of v2.60
- Edit metadata: In the drop down list for languages, show the five most recently used languages first.
- Edit Book: Check Book: Add a check for missing navigation documents in EPUB 3 books
- Kobo driver: Improved configuration dialog for the Kobo Touch device driver
- Copy to Library: Do not abort the copy process if only some books fail to copy, instead report which books failed and copy the rest.
- News download: Make all relative links (those starting with /) absolute. Useful when reading on a device that supports web browsing.
- EPUB metadata: Add an option to disable adding of cover images to EPUB files that declare no cover image in their metadata (Preferences->Plugins->Customize the Set EPUB metadata plugin)
New Features of v2.59
- Amazon metadata download: Download the series information when available from amazon.com
- Amazon metadata download: Recognize common patterns of embedding the series name after the title and remove it automatically
- Edit Book: Add support for EPUB 3 to the Table of Contents tool. Now when editing EPUB 3 files using the tool will automatically generate both the EPUB 3 navigation document and the NCX table of contents for backwards compatibility.
- EPUB Input: Implement reading of Table of Contents from EPUB 3 files that do not specify a fallback NCX ToC
- EPUB metadata: When setting a cover image for an EPUB file that has no metadata cover image defined, add the new cover image as a pure metadata cover instead of aborting.