It is a new toy I bought last month. I paid $302 including Tax. The price on tag is $269.99.
- 20.1MP Exmor® APS-C sensor,
- up to 3.5 fps shooting,
- 1080 60i/24p HD video recording,
- custom DLSR-like grip,
- up to ISO 16000 sensitivity with advanced noise reduction,
- E-mount 18-55mm lens included
It is a DSLR-like Alpha mirrorless camera.
Before I made the decision to purchase this camera, I did a lot of research. Very helpful. First, I think I may need a DSLR, but it is too big and heavy, I will not carry it for everyday picture. Later, I was thinking about mirrorless interchangable lens camera, but they are too expensive for me.
So at the last, I picked Sony Alpha A3000.
Here are my collection of the pros and cons
- Large comfortable grip
- AF fine tuning and focus peaking
- Extremely limited burst fire rate
- Noisy live view LCD
- Blurry EVF
- Sometimes unreliable autofocus
- Doesn’t include a charger.
- 470 shots battery
This is a Panorama I took at Burnaby Mountain last weekend.
It is a good deal. I will bring it when I take my trip to Shanghai. It will be my memory trip.