It is a general test on a Centos 6.4 system. The benchmark script is made by http://www.php-benchmark-script.com/. The first time I run it on the updated default Centos6.4. The php version is 5.3.3. I think it has Xcache installed. The test result is Total time: 8.482 sec.Breakdown as below:
I received it the day before yesterday. Only two days in transit from Campbellsville KY US to Burnaby BC, Canada through UPS.
It is a small package. Open it, only the Kindle Touch device and a one piece quick start paper inside. Oh, and the USB cable.
Let me have a look at it.
I connected the USB cable to computer, and transfer one Chinese book to it. Later, I disconnected it, and open the book to test. The Chinese character looks wired. They are in different font size or weight.
The Chinese character with red circle is a little bit thin and looks smaller than others. It is very poor experience when I read Chinese book on Kindle Touch with 5.0.1 software.
First of all, I am thinking about do some trick to fix it. Just like I did on Kindle Keyboard before. Replaced font size and font configuration file.
But at the last I think I check the software, or firmware version first. When I look at the firmware version of device info, it shows 5.0.1. The software on Amazon website said it can be upgraded to 5.1.2
During past few months, I feel my blog is loaded slower and slower. Especially when I compared it with the past.
At yesterday night and this morning, I did some fine tuning of my blog. To make the webpage loading faster and also make my blog reader happy.
1) Remove the Google Plus button which is previous showing on the menu.
Every single page of article has its own Google Plus button. So remove this sitewide one.
2) Add width and height of every images of the template.
The improvement is big.
I use the previous post as an example.
First View Load Time is 9.619s, First Byte 0.465s, Start Render 3.368s.
First View Load Time is 6.099s, First Byte 0.421s, Start Render 0.777s.