It is a switch, not a Nintendo Switch. It is a Netgear 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch. I ordered it from Amazon.ca on Feb. 18. The price is $26.99. Plus tax, the total is $30.00.
The device is made in Thailand.
GS308v3, version 3.
The official product data-sheet. 300-Series_Unmanaged_DS
The features I like:
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- LED indicators for ease of use
- Energy-efficient technology for power savings
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed
- 802.1p QoS for traffic/frame prioritization
- Plug-and-play; no setup required
- Durable and rugged metal case
- Desktop or wall-mountable
- Ideal for small office and home networks
- Standards-based technology ensures interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
Look at the back of GS308v3
Here is the inside of this switch.
I used to use a Wireless router as a switch. Only 4 ports. Now I replace it with this Netgear GS308 switch, 8 port. It is quiet and energy-saving.