It is Autumn now. The temperature is under 15°C during the daytime, under 10°C at nighttime. So it is time to turn on the furnace because my house is heated by a forced-air heating system.
I turned the thermostat to 20, but nothing happens. So I go to check the furnace. I found no fire on.
I open the panels and check the valves.
Then I turn the valves to off position and turn the thermostat to the lowest.
I google the videos about how to re-light it. And a lot of videos come out. Most of them are of different types of modules. The only one I saw is almost the same as mine.
Just in case the video may be invalid in the future. Here are the steps to do it.
- Turn the switch to OFF and wait at least five minutes.
- Turn the thermostat to the lowest.
- Get the lighter.
- Turn the valves switch to the PILOT position.
- Push the red button and hold it, light the pilot tip, hold the red button for one minute.
- Release the red button and turn the switch to the ON position.
- Go to turn the thermostat to 20°C.
- The furnace will on to generate the heat.