Yes, I just upgraded my VPS from old plan to new platform. Actually my old VPS at Linode is SSD cached system. They called it SSD Beta. I used it from last September. I did a performance test at that time.
SSD Cached Linode
- UnixBench (w/ all processors) 2086.0
- UnixBench (w/ one processor) 324.3
- Read IOPS 28016.0
- Read Bandwidth 112.0 MB/second
- Write IOPS 12494.0
- Write Bandwidth 49.9 MB/second
Now, after upgrading my VPS, I did a new test through ServerBear.com
- UnixBench (w/ all processors) 1023.3
- UnixBench (w/ one processor) 559.6
- Read IOPS 83772.0
- Read Bandwidth 335.0 MB/second
- Write IOPS 45037.0
- Write Bandwidth 180.1 MB/second
UnixBench one core scroe is much higher than before, about 72% more. It is benefited by the new CPU. But Linode reduced total core from 8 to 2, so the UnixBench with all processors is lower.
IO performance is very faster, just because of the fast SSD. And last one is Bandwidth is 166 MB/s compared with 24.3 MB/s of old setup.
It is good time to order you VPS at Linode. All SSD powered VPS for new instance. Price is still $20.00.