Linode is the VPS service provider. I start to use it from May.
The service it provides is so good. Let me summarize it.
Linode 1024MB RAM
- 8 CPU
- 48 GB Storage
- 2 TB Transfer
- $20 / month
I am also using Digital Ocean SSD VPS. It has SSD storage.
Now Linode announce it has a SSD beta for existing users.
There are certain limitation and notes for this BETA.
- It’s only in Newark right now
- We’ll move one of your existing Linodes to one of these special hosts
- There are limited slots available
- This is experimental
- You might lose all of your data
- Participate at your own risk
- You really should have backups
- Expect the unexpected
- This may cut you
- Chicks dig scars
I applied it two days ago, at night. The reply is so quick, and I completed the migration in one hour. My existing VPS in Fremont, CA, is moved to Newark, NJ.
New IP address.
The SSD is not storage. It is a part of storage layer. It means the SSD Beta is a combination of ‘good stuff’ SSDs (in redundant pairs) and proven hard drive storage system.Like a hybird storage.
There is three things important for people to use SSD Beta service in Linode.
Backup all files
Backup everything not included in above
I tested the performance through ServerBear. Results as below:
- UnixBench (w/ all processors) 2086.0
- UnixBench (w/ one processor) 324.3
- Read IOPS 28016.0
- Read Bandwidth 112.0 MB/second
- Write IOPS 12494.0
- Write Bandwidth 49.9 MB/second
More details about it and comparision link.
One of my SEO blog is hosted on this VPS. Click to get a experience of this SSD Beta.