Microsoft release IE 11 few days ago for Windows 7. It is already available for Windows 8.1 in Oct. 2013.
Here is the requirement to install IE 11 on Win7
- PC with a 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- Windows 7 32-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows 7 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit—512 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—512 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—512 MB
Hard drive space
- Windows 7 32-bit—70 MB
- Windows 7 64-bit—120 MB
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit—200 MB
- CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM)
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
- Modem or Internet connection
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
For Windows 8.1 it is simply:
- A Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 PC.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
Let me see how many features IE 11 has:
And also some benefits of IE 11
I installed IE11 on my Windows 7 64bit.