I received a Blackberry 8820 locked by AT&T. To use it in Canada with other carriers, I need to unlock it.
First I Google it, and got a bunch of sites.
I order one from
Wireless Unlocking. It is cheapest. Only $7.99. I sent my payment with IMEI code. After two days waiting, they told me they can not get the unlock code for me. Then I got the refund in a week.
The second unlocking service I used is
It is very fast. I got the code in 48 hours.
They all accept Paypal or credit card.
The procedure to enter the code and unlock shown as below.
Blackberry 8800 / 8300 Curve Unlock Code Entry Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8800 8300 Curve:
1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
5. You should be presented with a prompt “Enter Network MEP Code”. Type in the unlock code and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
6. Your phone is now unlocked