It is a strange error that I encountered installing Centos 6.4 64bit into Virtual Box.
The CPU is AMD A8-3870. 8GB Memory
Host OS is Windows 7 64bit.
VirtualBox is 4.3.6, latest version on Jan 15, 2014.
I have no problem to install Centos x86 version into this VirtualBox. Only when I tried to install the 64bit, the error stops me.
The CPU is 64bit. I did enabled the related CPU features in BIOS. I know someone has installation problem of 64bit OS just because of this.
What is the solution of this error?
Continue reading “This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot – please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU”
It has new features.
- Linux MTP driver: Detect devices that have MTP interfaces even if their USB ids are not known
- Content server: Allow picking a random book by clicking the ‘Random book’ link on the start page. You can also refresh the random book page to get a new random book
- E-book viewer: Add an option to hide the toolbars in the viewer window (Preferences->Miscellaneous->Show controls in the viewr preferences). You can unhide them by right clicking in the viewer window.
- Kobo driver: Speedup initial connect by avoiding unnecessary update of series metadata in some situations.
- Get Books: Allow the store plugins to be dynamically loaded so that future website changes of a store dont require a calibre update to fix Get Books.
- Wireless driver: Always replace file when resending a previously sent book to the device, even if the title/author have changed.
- Add PocketBook Pro 912 driver.
- When creating/exporting epub and mobi files, add the calibre book identifier as a special field in the book’s metadata. This allows third party tools to identify the book record in calibre to which the file belongs.
- Wireless driver: Add support for using the book uuid as the filename
- Remove the experimental tag from the subset fonts feature, since there has been only one reported problem (now fixed) with it in the two months since it was released
Continue reading “Calibre released 0.9.15”
It is new update again for Calibre. Version 0.9.9.
Until Calibre 0.9.8, it is 32bit program only. Even it works perfect on my Windows 7 64bit OS.
Now it has native 64bit program. I download it from http://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows64
Let me see the release notes below.
Continue reading “Calibre upgraded to 0.9.9 – 64bit now”
Yes, it is true. I have see so many blue screens on a brand new PC server with Windows 2008 Server R2.
The hardware including following items:
Intel i5 2500 CPU
1TB SATA2 Hard Disk
ASUS P8P67 R3 mother board
Corsair DDR3 Memory 4GBX2
ASUS HD5450 512M Video card.
I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 on it. 64bit OS is my choice.
After few days running, it has blue screen randomly. Sometimes it happened 4 days up. Sometimes it is 10 days up.
It is not predicted.
Blue Screen error code is as blow:
I tried update Intel Chip set driver, update BIOS of mother board. Change SATA cable, chage SATA port.
Still has this kind of error when Blue Screen.
Continue reading “Video card driver makes Windows 2008 R2 Blue Screen”