WordPress v3.1 is released yesterday. I upgrade four blogs powered by WordPress from 3.05 to 3.1.
What’s New in WordPress 3.1
According to the WordPress Codex, there are a lot of new features to be found, however, here is a quick rundown of some of the more compelling and anticipated new items.
* Internal Linking: Available only with the visual editor (which has also been updated) WordPress now offers a “Link to existing content” dropdown that lets you easily search for and link to previous posts on your site.
* Admin Bar: When logged into your site and visiting the public page, you’ll see an admin bar across the top, similar to the one on WordPress.com blogs, that will let you access admin functions directly going to the admin area.
* Post Formats: A theme feature that allows posts to include metadata that instructs the themes to display them in a different manner.
* Cleaned Up Admin/Writing Interface: The admin area of WordPress has been streamlined, in particular the writing page. Admin area CSS has also been cleaned up.
* Security Updates: WordPress 3.1 comes with a slew of security updates, including an improved password recovery system.
The above What’s new came from Blogging tips. It is a great blog. It has a lot of useful information for blogging.
I do recommend to upgrade to WordPress 3.1.