I have a MovableType installation with EnhancedEntryEditing (EEE) plugin on another server.
It is good to use when I need to copy and paste a formated Microsoft Word paragraph into MT post and keep the same format.
The only think I don’t like is the font size is too small when I switch to WYSIWYG screen.
Look the left one is the original EEE’s editing box, the default font size is too small, compared with the middle regular font size.
I’d like to hack it and increase the font size to as same as the regular one.
It is very easy to hack it. If you know where is the file to change, it takes you only 1 minute.
OK, let me tell the security.
SixApart announce an update of the default plugin Spamlookup
It is a manual update. The steps as below:
1. Login to Movable Type. (Your account will need to have System Administrator privileges.)
2. Click on the “Plugins” link in the main navigation on the left hand side.
3. Look for the “SpamLookup – Lookups” plugin set listed among your other plugins.
4. Click “Show Settings.”
5. Under “IP Blacklist Services” highlight and replace the text “opm.blitzed.org” with “zen.spamhaus.org”.
6. Click “Save Settings.”
After update, the commenting speed will be improved. You can try to leave your comment to test it.
Of course, the known spams will be blocked automatically.
Some time we want to put video on our blog. The code to embeded it is very complicated, because so many different video types.
Today I tried Embedded Video with Link. It makes it simple and easy to finish this step.
I just download it from the link above. Installed it as the regular plugin.
The option>Embedded Video, I can setup the Video object width between 250-800 to fit in the width of Blog layout.
It supports following video portal:
YouTube, Google Video, dailymotion, MyVideo, Clipfish, Sevenload, Revver, Metacafé, Yahoo! Video, ifilm, MySpace Video, Brightcove, aniBOOM, vimeo, GUBA, Garage TV, GameVideos, vSocial
So after install this plugin, to embed the video is much easy.
1) Prepare Video file.
2) Upload it to Video host site, such as YouTube.
3) Get video ID.
4) When write a new post, click the Icon
5) Pick the YouTube and enter the video ID.
6) Click Insert button.
7) Finish the post and click Publish.
That’s a painless publish withou touch the html code.
Do you want your own Web Gallery, or Web Photo Albums. Check Gallery. It is a Open Source program
I use a one-click-installation feature of DreamHost to install this service for my Grace’s site. The album is private site, no more public view.
Why I choose this photo album organizer?
You know I setup a Blog for my Grace powered by WordPress. It has a Gallery plugin can connect this Gallery with WordPress. WPG2.
The features of WPG2 shown as below:
* Gallery 2 Images, Videos, Albums (displays the Album Highlight Image) can be displayed in Blog Entries
* Random, Recent, Daily, Weekly, Popular Images, Albums can be displayed as image blocks in the WordPress Sidebar
* Management of Gallery2 users, secured by WordPress User Roles and Capabilities
* Automatic logging in of WordPress Users into Gallery2
* Displaying Gallery2 Output within a WordPress Page
It looks powerful.
I upload the photos on her own Album location.
She login the WordPress, pickup a photo, and write something about it.
It is easy for her and for us.
I have a related entries section on individual archive of this blog.
So any old posts have relation with current post will be listed under the bottom.
You like it, me too.
Suddenly, I think I can add this feature into my Feed.
Ok. let me do it and show you how to do it.
1) Under Template Module, create a new module named as “my-feed-fun”:
I have posted Fight against Spam, Spammer and Bots on PHPBB forum system.
I have Humanizer mod for PHPBB, and Hide User’s WebSite Button 1.0.3 on my forum to protect against spam.
Now I feel it is not enough. I clean the spam every day.
I found this one SpamWords.
It can prevent the spam post with the “spam words” I setup in the system in advance.
It is cool that when a spammer want to post some spam, he will receive the error message and he can not successfully post it.
If you want this plugin, you can Download file here.
It will add some tables in your PHPBB database, and modify some files and install some new files.
The difficult fact is medium.
It took me about 15 minutes to install it. Please backup all files and database before installation.
I am a newbie of WordPress.
To implement a tag system for this site. I try some different tag plugin.
bunny-tags, UTW, and simple-tagging.
Finally, I choose Simple Tagging. It is really simple to install it on WordPress.
The installation step:
1) Download package, Download v1.6 file
2) Decompress it and put the files into your plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins/).
3) Enable the plugin in the WordPress Plugins admin page.
4) Go to WordPress Admin > Tags > Tag Options, adjust the options and save.
5) Go to WordPress Admin > Options > Permalinks and press the button to update the permalink structure.
The Tag Options has lots of configuration. Be carefully when you modify them.
I want to show my Tag Cloud codes for you.
Today I add a new category in DavidYin’s Blog. WordPress Notes
Now I would introduce this Sitemap plugin for WordPress.
The native WP doesnot include sitemap template file.
I found this plugin Google Sitemap Generator for WordPress
It is very easy to install and have more advance features in options.
Let me show you how to play it.
0. Download file and decompress it.
1. Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
2. Activate it in the Plugin options
3. Edit or publish a post, or click on Rebuild Sitemap on the Option/Sitemap’s
Look at the following Sitemap Administration Interface. There are so many configurations.
Do we need to modify it?
No! Only if you want. Default values should be ok!
I like this plugin and recommend it to all WordPress users. This sitemap will be accepted by Google webmasters and Yahoo site explorer.
The default site-map will be something like http://www.fancaiji.cn/sitemap.xml
This is a good site of Chinese Recipes.
Some people noticed that I have the related entries follow the main entry body.
I use TagSupplementals Plugins to implement this feature.
The installation is very simply. I don’t explain it.
The topic I want say is about how to add the code into the MovableType template.
1) Install the plugin.
2) Add tags into every entry.
3) Add the following code into Individual Entry Archive template file:
Find <p class=”entry-footer”>
Add following code after the footer section.
This is a really good plugin. It works smoothly with Tag in MovableType 3.31.
TagSupplementals provide some convenient features I needed.
The features added is shown as below:
# MTEntryTagsCount variable tag
# MTRelatedEntries container tag
# MTRelatedTags container tag
# MTTagLastUpdated variable tag
# encode_urlplus global filter
# MTSearchTags container tag
# MTXSearchTags container tag
# MTTagXSearchLink variable tag
If you look at the individual archive of this blog. you will find some new things.
The related entries are shown under the post. It use the MTRelatedEntries tag to get the related entries based on the same tag of every entries.
It provide the users the chance to read the related post without search again. All entries have same tag are linked together.