phpMyAdmin 3.4.9, a bugfix release with minor security fixes.
I use the old version for a long time.
To upgrade to phpMyAdmin 3.4.9, just download it and extract it.
It is not recommended to overwrite the old version. So install it into a new folder is safer.
After extract to a new folder. I tried the installation with its setup script.
Continue reading “How to install or upgrade to phpMyAdmin 3.4.9”
I use phpMyAdmin when I need to access MySQL database directly.
The phpMyAdmin application requires not only the MySQL server, but also PHP and a Web server to be installed. This application is commonly found in a virtual hsoting envirnment through an Internet Service Provider, as it allows the user complete access to only their own database.
1and1 and Dreamhost both have phpMyAdmin.
The main features of phpMyAdmin:
* browse and drop databases, tables, views, fields and indexes
* create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, fields and indexes
* maintenance server, databases and tables, with proposals on server configuration
* execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
* load text files into tables
* create1 and read dumps of tables
* export1 data to various formats: CSV, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 – OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel and LATEX formats
* administer multiple servers
* manage MySQL users and privileges
* check referential integrity in MyISAM tables
* using Query-by-example (QBE), create complex queries automatically connecting required tables
* create PDF graphics of your Database layout
* search globally in a database or a subset of it
* transform stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
* support InnoDB tables and foreign keys
* support mysqli, the improved MySQL extension
* communicate in 54 different languages