My desktop motherboard has a new BIOS released. Current one is E7786AMS v1.6; the new one is v1.7, which fixed some USB problem.
So as my habit, I like to keep things updated.
I downloaded the BIOS zip file from MSI official site for A55M-P33
Unzip it and put the files into a USB disk with FAT format.
Then, plugin the USB disk, restart the PC and hit DEL key to BIOS setting,click M-Flash, choose Select One File to Update BIOS.
It gave me the choice of USB disk and bios file.
It took less one minute to write to BIOS. When done, it auto-reboot.
Then I have the problem here. It can not load Windows 7 64bit. Even I tried to use the fix tool. Still not work.
Say, there is a ASUS Laptop, which is shipped with Windows Vista. Now the user want to change it to Windows 7. Here is the tips to upgrade it.
1) Backup up the user files to a safe place. Maybe USB disk or NAS.
2) Go to the official site of Asus, download the latest BIOS and upgrade it to the latest one.
3) Check the BIOS with the tool, Everest Ultimate, or any other tools you like, see if SLIC 2.1 included in the BIOS.
4) If there is SLIC 2.1 , it is ready to install Windows 7 without problem. Just download Windows 7 OEM iso and install it, fresh install or upgrade, both are fine.
5) if there is SLIC 2.0 only, there is something to do.