Just noticed that I have a Piwik installation to track one of my niche sites, www.aliveworksheet.com.
It is showing that Piwik 1.7.1 is here, go to upgrade.
OK, even I can not find the current version, I still go to Piwik official site to download the latest one.
The upgrade procedure is simple. Download, Unzip, Copy/Overwrite, Upgrade page.
Yes, when the upgrade page shows, I know the existing one is v1.5.1.
Let me record the major changes or updates from 1.5.1 to 1.7.1.
Continue reading “Piwik Web Analytics upgrade to 1.7.1”
I tried Woopra two years ago. It is
still not under beta any more, but very cool.
Now, it has free basic version and paid version. The desktop client panel is v1.4.
Look at the great interface.
The big yellow number 2 is the number of current audiend on my page. On the right panel, users information are displayed, including IP address, Country, pages viewed, Operation system, browser, how long he stayed.
The most cool stuff is the Live Dashboard.
From the screen shot above, you can see two live visitor.
The information is so clear. I can see following information:
- Where are they coming from?
- The navigation path: Referrer, lading page, outgoing page, etc.
- How long they stay on my blog?
- How many pages they visited? Which pages?
- Visiting history of this visitor.
Continue reading “Woopra Real Time website analytics”
To make a site popular and get more visitors, you have to do all from the beginning.
Let’s have a simple list of how to do the website SEO from the day one.
1. Basic analytic of site goal
2. Keywords analytic
3. Competitor website review
4. Web site content create
5. Sitemap, RSS feed
6. Search Engine Directory submit
Continue reading “How to do the website Search Engine Optimize from the beginning”
I ordered two books from Chapters online.
The most important one is “Web Analytics An Hour a Day”. Written by Avinash Kaushik. Which is published in 2007.
Let me show you some content of this book.
A Step-by-Step Guide
Learn web analytics the right way with this unique, thoroughly modern guide to today’s web analytics challenges and opportunities. Written by an in-the-trenches practitioner, this book goes beyond concepts and definitions to challenge prevalent thinking about the field and provide a step-by-step guide to implementing a successful web analytics strategy.
Web analytics expert Avinash Kaushik, in his thought-provoking style, debunks leading myths and leads you on a path to gaining actionable insights from your analytics efforts. Discover how to move beyond clickstream analysis, why qualitative data should be your focus, and more insights and techniques that will help you develop a customer-centric mindset without sacrificing your company’s bottom line.
- Learn the pros and cons of data collection methodologies
- Find out how you can stop counting page views and still get a rich understanding of your customers
- Discover how to identify valuable metrics with the “three layers of so what” test
- Optimize your organizational structure and choose the right analytics tool
- Understand and apply advanced analytics concepts, including SEM/PPC analysis, the power of segmentation, conversion-rate best practices, and others
- Leverage quick-start solutions for blogs and e-commerce, support, and small business websites
- Learn the key ingredients of a great experimentation and testing platform
- Use competitive-intelligence analysis to glean insights and drive actions
You’ll also find:
- Ten steps to turbocharge your web analytics
- Seven steps for creating a data-driven culture in your organization
- Six ways to measure the success of a blog
- Three secrets behind making web analytics actionable
- Ten signs of a great web analyst
Continue reading “Web Analytics an hour a day”