My blog is rebuild a few days ago. I did a web site speed test through Pingdom. My home page is so fast.
The result looks so good.
Your website is faster than 95% of all tested websites
Even the performance grade is only 85 of 100, the load time is 647ms. Load time is more important than others.
Web site performance is a key of SEO. If you want your site has a good search ranking, you have to improve your web server. My blog is a good sample of it.
Let me show you how I did for my site.
- Varnish cache server for frontend. Use memory storage at Varnish.
- Use php5.4. php5.4 is faster than php5.3.
- Implement w3tc plugin in WordPress installation.
- Add CDN, Xcache for performance improvement of WordPress.
- Use MariaDB instead of MySQL.
- Use Innodb instead of MyIsAM.