Today is voting day for BC. No matter which party you support, please go to vote.
The polls are open and British Columbians are on their way to school gyms and church basements across the province to pick their next government. Polling stations will be open on Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Mountain Time zone. via CBC.ca
Some candidates’ party shown below:
There are facts of Burnaby Douglas Riding.
Non-official Languages: 57,125
Non Citizen: 12,740
It is not clear who will win in this riding.
NDP or Con?
Bill Siksay or Ronald Leung?
It is 21:30 PST now.
Bill Siksay to Ronald Leung is 14,521to 14,405. Very close.
I will update this page when the final result come.
Update: Final results is NDP win this seat.
Bill Siksay is MP again.
Liberal Bill Cunningham 9,177 19.4 19.4%
Communist George Gidora 205 0.4 0.4%
Conservative Ronald Leung 17,139 36.3 36.3%
Green Party Doug Perry 2,822 6.0 6.0% NDP-New Democratic Party Bill Siksay 17,937 37.9 37.9%
Total number of valid votes: 47,280
I will vote this afternoon for Canada.
It is Burnaby – Douglas. Let me see the riding profile.
This is an urban riding, located east of Vancouver on the southern shore of Burrard Inlet. It contains that part of Burnaby bounded in the east, north and west by the city limits and on the south by the Kingsway.
According to the 2006 census, more than 47 per cent of this riding’s residents are immigrants. About 30 per cent are of Chinese origin.
Burnaby-Douglas has a diverse economy, which includes retail trade, manufacturing and other services. Simon Fraser University is here. Residents are well-educated – almost 30 per cent over age 25 have a university certificate or degree. The average family income is $78,973 and the unemployment rate is 6.7 per cent.
This riding was created in 1996, drawing three-quarters of its population from the old Burnaby-Kingsway riding. In 2004, it retained 85 per cent of its population and added about 7,500 people from Vancouver South-Burnaby.
Population: 112,119 (2006 census; an increase of 3.0% since 2001)
TemplateMonster.com is one of the most famous Template resource site in the world.
It is going to hold a lottery with give-away to any participant. TemplateMonster.com will expose two of TemplateMonster’s website designs. In order to take part in the lottery one should vote for one design or the other.
The design which gets the most votes becomes the winner. Note the best design is chosen during two weeks period.
And here are the benefits for users to take part in the lottery:
– everyone who participates in lottery gets the free Icon Set. All icons included into this free Icon Set also relate to patriotic and 4th of July topic;
– also everyone who participates in lottery has a chance to get one of the special prizes.
The special prizes are:
– 1 Gift Certificate giving the opportunity to get any product from Template Monster database for free;
– two 80% discount coupons for purchasing any product from Template Monster database;
– three 50% discount coupons for purchasing any product from Template Monster database.
Note everyone who purchases any product from Template Monster during this promo will get the Icon Set that I’ve mentioned for free.
It sounds great. The process is simply.
1) Click the event page link. Fill in your name and email and choose the design you like, then click vote button.
2) Then you will get an email looks like below, to confirm your participating and show you the link to download the free set of icons.
We thank you again for participating in the 4th of July lottery from Template Monster.
To show you how grateful we are we provide you with a FREE Iconset that you may download by clicking a link below: Download link shown here