One of the biggest improvement on Android 4.4.3 release is Wifi connection.
Especially at 5G band. My router is located in living room.
When my Nexus 7 connected with Wifi 5G in the same room, the signal strength is very good. The problem is when I move to the room with two walls distance, connection lost.
It is no problem when it is working on the 2.4G band.
After this Android 4.4.3 upgrade. The problem solved.
See, the signal icon is full.
If your Nexus 7 has same problem as mine, go to upgrade to Android 4.4.3.
The Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for Nexus 7 is about 73.9MB in size and brings performance improvements, stability and bug fixes. Notably, the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update is an incremental update from Android 4.4.2 KitKat and brings security enhancements and various bug fixes.
It is a small upgrade, so most changes on it is bug fixes.
The unofficial Android 4.4.3 changelog follows below:
- frequent data connection dropout fix
- mm-qcamera-daemon crash and optimization fixes
- camera focus in regular and HDR modes fixes
- Power Manager display wakelock fix
- multiple Bluetooth fixes
- fix for a random reboot
- app shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update
- USB debugging security fix
- app shortcuts security fix
- Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
- other camera fixes
- MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
- stuck in activation screen fix
- missed call LED fix
- subtitle fixes
- data usage graph fix
- Internet telephony fix
- FCC compliance fix
- miscellaneous fixes