Maybe you’re a contract graphic designer doing small, one-off projects for local businesses. Or, an in-house professional responsible for overseeing all graphic creation in a large corporation. Regardless, you can always be improving your craft.
Read on as we go over a few more advanced graphic design skills that will substantially improve your ability to communicate your message in the medium.
1. User Interface Design
At first glance, you might think this doesn’t apply to you. Perhaps your work focuses on something where ‘user interfaces’ seem worlds away from your final product.
Consider this; regardless of what your final product is, the odds of it ending up within a user interface are virtually guaranteed. If you make a graphic for an article header for a local newspaper, for example, that graphic will likely end up in the online version of the publication.
And like it or not, that makes it a part of the user interface of the website.
Knowing how to design with that type of presentation in mind already makes this a useful skill. Designing user interfaces directly, meanwhile, makes it substantially more worthwhile since the available pool of work for those who can do both is much larger.
Further, user interface creation is one of the more lucrative ways to apply the skills of a graphic designer. Per Indeed.com, user interface designers make, on average, more than double the income of a traditional graphic designer.
Continue reading “5 Essential Graphic Design Skills You Should Master”
Even in this world of web and virtual realities, there’s a high demand for graphic design in Wollongong. Graphic design artists and services can help individuals and businesses with anything from brochures to yearbooks, family history books, presentation folders and more. When you work with a professional graphic design artist, you can be certain that your final product will be a work of art and will also help you to look professional and successful. But how can you find the perfect graphic design artist to rely on? Here are three tips to help you.
- A good communicator. Graphic designers spend a great deal of time alone, creating the artwork that will be your final product. However, that doesn’t mean that your graphic designer shouldn’t be a good people person. You’re going to have to communicate your vision and needs to your graphic designer. You should be able to feel comfortable and confident during these conversations. A graphic designer has to have the ability to understand what you’re conveying, and help you to explain your vision clearly, so that the final product is exactly what you expected.
- A good speller. This is a must. Artists are often known as not being the world’s best spellers, but a graphic designer either needs to know how to write and use grammar correctly, or they must have a writer they can trust to check their work. Your graphic designs won’t just be about images. You’ll have messages on them, written with words. You need to know that your projects are being taken care of professionally by someone who is as good an artist as they are at checking for misspellings and errors.
- Creative with purpose. As much as graphic design is an art form, it’s also an art form with a specific purpose. Graphic designers shouldn’t try to create the next Picasso with your brochure or poster. The goal of your graphic designs is to convey a message and, often times, to encourage conversions. Above all else, your graphic designer should keep that in mind. If encouraging conversions requires a certain artistic liberty, then great! If, however, the most effective way to convey a message is with simplicity, your graphic designer should be prepared to deliver.
Graphic design work continues to be an important part of your marketing and communication needs. From a family album to a corporate annual report, the presentation and layout of your projects will dictate how your material is received. Businesses and individuals trust upon Graphic Traffic for their graphic design needs in Wollongong. Learn why by visiting http://www.graphictraffic.com.au/.
There are many versions of Web Design Rules. They are from different point of views. But, I have my own version.
The purpose of my Top Five Web Design Rules is to maximize Web Site usability.
Easy to read
Think about the audience, they using variety computers, monitors, Internet connections. They may have difficult to read tiny letter, color blind.
Text size, image size and paragraph organization.
Easy to navigate
It means the target audience of your site should know where they are at all times when they visit your Web Site. If they get lost, they are able to go to home page, a site search, or a category list from any page on your site to determine: 1) where they are, 2) where they might want to go, and 3) where they have been.
Continue reading “Top Five Web Design Rules”
To make the site clean and faster loading, I remove one piece advertising script.
The ads removed is provided by Kontera, I used it for many years. It is a content link ads. It mimics text link. When mouse move over it, a small float layer display a small box with ads. About five to ten Kontera links are added on each of my post. Now I took it away. The page looks less links on it.
The second change I made is to move Google Ads from the middle center of the post content to the right up inline of the post. Personally, I feel better look. And more content will be shown above the fold.
After the above two changes, the Fully Loaded time is reduced about 25% on first view.
Continue reading “Day 6 – Two Week Campaign”
To create a good database, I have to know the relationship between tables.
It is clear, the database I talking about is relationship database.
There are three types of table relationships.
- One-to-one relationships
- One-to-many relationships
- Many-to-many relationships
In a one-to-one relationship, a key will appear only once in a related table. It is the most simply relation.
In a one-to-many relationship, keys from one table will appear multiple times in a related table.
The exapmle is a connection between department and employees. One department has many employees. One employee can only be in one department.
It is a very common type of relationship.
Continue reading “Types of Table Relationships”