Tag: construction

Basic Construction Terms

Balloon Framed Wall – Framed walls (generally over 10′ tall) that run the entire vertical length from the floor sill plate to the roof. This is done to eliminate the need for a gable end truss. Baluster – Vertical member in a railing used between a top rail and bottom rail or the stair treads.