eMule-Project.net announced that 0.49c is released on Feb. 22, 2009.
New features shown as below:
* Ability to share and unshare single files instead of directories only and also support of Drag&Drop to do so easily
* Support of new security features on Windows Vista (and partially also XP) to further harden eMule against any possible exploits
* Automatic recovery of corrupt part.met files by using the backupfiles
* Kad improvements like automatic search-keyword rearranging (allowing searches like ‘an eMule’ and also helping to reduce load on busy nodes), avoiding fragmented UDP packets (making it more compatible to zealous firewalls) and other changes
* Improving UPnP by refreshing the mappings as well as adding Webinterface support
* And as always fixing bugs and adding other small changes
It is a new release, fixed some security issues as below.
Fixed in Thunderbird 220.127.116.11
MFSA 2008-67 Escaped null characters ignored by CSS parser
MFSA 2008-66 Errors parsing URLs with leading whitespace and control characters
MFSA 2008-65 Cross-domain data theft via script redirect error message
MFSA 2008-64 XMLHttpRequest 302 response disclosure
MFSA 2008-61 Information stealing via loadBindingDocument
MFSA 2008-60 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124)
If Thunderbird doesn’t update automatically, you can click Help > Check for Updates to update it.
I changed the theme of this Blog.
The purpose is to make it display faster and looks clear.
I removed some gadgets on the side column. Change the color to emphasize the good stuffs I recommend.
I also add a Google search (You can find it on the menu, named Google Custom Search) to replace the search provided by Movable Type.
I received email from my Hosting provider, Dreamhost. It said my load is over the limit.
mt-search.cgi has one of the biggest problems.
Spammer is so strong. I have to stop using mt-search.
Anyway, Google Search is good. I do like it and it is my first choice in Search Engines.
You may like it or not. If you have any comments for this theme change, just leave it below.
I have a phpBB board with some modification.
To upgrade it from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 is not that difficult.
Previously, I have to record all modification I made on it and backup everything and upgrade it through a patched package or changes package. After upgrade I have to do all modification again, because they are all gone during upgrade processing.
Now Automatic update package is released with phpBB 3.0.1.
It is a good news for me.
This update method is the preferred method for updating. This package allows detecting changed files automatically and merges changes if needed.
The automatic update package is holding – contrary to the others – only the update informations for updating the last released version to the latest available version. These package is meant for use with the automatic update tool.
To perform the update, either follow the instructions from the Administration Control Panel->System Tab – this should point out that you are running an outdated version and will guide you through the update – or follow the instructions listed below.
* Go to the downloads page and download the latest update package listed there, matching your current version.
* Upload the archives contents to your phpBB installation – only the install folder is required. Upload the whole install folder, retaining the file structure.
* After the install folder is present, phpBB3 will go offline automatically.
* Point your browser to the install directory, for example http://www.example.com/phpBB3/install/
* Choose the “Update” Tab and follow the instructions
During update, it will compare the difference between current files and new files. Then it ask the FTP information and do all the changes for you.
It is easy and fast.
To update the Creative products’ software or drivers. see below:
Creative Software AutoUpdate currently supports Windows® 98 or higher with Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher.
Windows Vista is currently not supported. AutoUpdate
Firefox just released its v126.96.36.199 version.
If you are not reminded to upgrade, you can click Help >> Check for Updates to find the new update.
After update, my Alexa plugin has also updated to 1.1.
Firefox fixed following bugs in this release.
MFSA 2007-25 XPCNativeWrapper pollution
MFSA 2007-24 Unauthorized access to wyciwyg:// documents
MFSA 2007-23 Remote code execution by launching Firefox from Internet Explorer
MFSA 2007-22 File type confusion due to %00 in name
MFSA 2007-21 Privilege escalation using an event handler attached to an element not in the document
MFSA 2007-20 Frame spoofing while window is loading
MFSA 2007-19 XSS using addEventListener and setTimeout
MFSA 2007-18 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption