D-Link DWA-552 Extreme N Desktop PCI Adapter has three antennas. It has better range and higher speed than DWA-525. It is easy to mixup these two module numbers.
DWA-525 has one antennas. N150
DWA-552 has three antennas. N300, double speed of above in the idea environment.
Three network card or USB adapter.
The oldest one is WUA1340, I got five years ago. DWA-525 just weeks ago. The LinksysAE2500 I got this week.
WUA1340 is G only. DWA-525 and AE2500 support 802.11n network. Based on the theory, DWA-525 is 3 times faster than WUA1340, AE2500 is 2 times faster than DWA525. But, the reality may be different. Let me show you the fact based on my personal test of the speed to copy a large file.
- Wireless Dual-Band N (2.4 or 5 GHz)
- High speed up to 300 Mbps
- Optimized for streaming video & gaming
- Wireless N
- 150 Mbps 2.4 GHz
- Wireless G
- 54 Mbps
- Hi-Speed USB
I have a site which is using web font in css. It looks good in Chrome, IE, etc., except Firefox. It just shew a square with the number, something like F052.
I did a lot of search and it took me about 4 hours, until now I got the solution.
It is only happened on cross domain resource.
It is only happened on Firefox.
It is only happened when using CDN.
When I use Firebug to look at the pipe, the woff web font file is aborted. The url is corrected.
Catalin Rosu gave the solution in this post.
Firefox doesn’t allow cross-domain fonts
One of readers asked the difference between DIR-845L and DIR-826L. I did a lot of research online before purchasing my new Router.
They have a similar shape. Not easy to distinguish them without look at the back. There are not many differences between these two router, but the difference are important.
The following information are collected from DLink Canada and UK sites.
The same parts:
- mydlink Cloud Service – mydlink Lite App
- SharePort Mobile App
- Four Gigabit LAN ports
- one Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
- 300+300 Mbps
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz Dualband
- DIR-845L has Six internal antennas
- DIR-826L has 2X internal antennas
They call it SmartBeam technology.
G2Soft official site does not have many changes since 2005. It is time to make changes. So I did it.
Now, new G2Soft.Net is designed with CSS3 and HTML5. Responsive web design. Compatible with Desktop, iPad, Mobile devices. All looks good.
There are some new things on the site. Small facebook icon links to official facebook page. And Twitter bird icon links to twitter account.
Keep the same site structure, but with better look and better site performance, better user experience.
Most people believe that web design is all about site layout, function and creativity. While that is a major part of a good site, it’s not how you bring in traffic, increase viewership or monetize your site so that it pays for its own costs and then some. Many site builders have realized that you need a professional online marketing team and web design company to create a site that truly stands out in the global marketplace. Even if you have advertising space on your site, you don’t always know how it work with your site’s layout and design. Many businesses have been turning to SolidCactus.com PPC agency to get their online advertising strategy tailor made for their web site. They receive a specialist to help design an advertising plan and then start earning money from different advertisements and marketing strategies.
PPC or pay-per-click advertising is one of the best ways to monetize your site. You can easily get affiliates and even raise your CPM (cost-per-impression) views just with an intuitive and creative marketing strategy. Gaining a higher page rank and becoming more visible is one of the challenges for any site whether old or new. However it’s when site builders truly integrate advertising and social media that they begin to see incredible profits and higher traffic with their sites. While it takes a bit of time to gain the highest rank, it’s a more simple process with a team of individuals who know what they’re doing and can create a strategy that’s perfect for your content.
Here are the new features of the following release.
New Features of 0.9.40
- EPUB Output: Add an option to insert an inline Table of Contents into the main text.
- Driver for LG Android phone
- When matching books in the library against the device manually, pre-fill the search field with the book title
New Features of 0.9.39
- Bulk metadata edit: Add a checkbox to prevent the refreshing of the book list after the bulk edit. This means that the book list will not be resorted and any existing search/virtual library will not be refreshed. Useful if you have a large library as the refresh can be slow.
- Allow manually marking a book in the calibre library as being on the device. To do so click the device icon in calibre, then right click on the book you want marked and choose ‘Match book to library’. Once you are done marking all the books, right click the device icon and choose ‘Update cached metadata’
- Driver for Coby Kyros MID1126
- When adding formats to an existing book, by right clicking the add books button, ask for confirmation if some formats will be overwritten.
- Add a tweak to restrict the list of output formats available in the conversion dialog. Go to Preferences->Tweaks to change it.
I am using MovableType for a long time. Oh, almost 10 years.
From 2.64 to v3, v4 and now v5 here. But v4 is the last blog only platform. v5 is good for site, including blog.
It looks like coming v6 will have a big change.
I have a site, which just need a blog as a news system. First I am thinking use the latest MovableType 5.2.7. Due to the complicated site structure, I am afraid it may overwrite some files of existing site. I decide to use the last v4, MovableType 4.38.
I saw the very familiar interface of MovableType. I love it.
Got a new router from Costco, $100 plus tax. It is named as Extreme Range Dual Band Gigabit Router. Extreme Range, means it can cover a large house. Dual Band means 2.4G and 5G work at same time. Gigabit means it has Gigabit Lan ports and Wan port.
It is not my first D-Link router. My first one is WBR-1310 Wireless router. I bought it 5 years ago. I feel comfortable with D-Link products.
Open the box, and look inside.
There are the router, cable, power adapter and a card with default wifi ssid, pass, etc.
I used Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH router for years. From its original firmware to DD-WRT firmware.
I did flash the router from original firmware to dd-wrt v24sp2 14998 professional version and v24sp2 19484 beta version. Both are build for Buffalo, which with Buffalo logo on it.
Here is the screenshot of original firmware v1.65 come with the device. It is Buffalo own firmware.