Dreamhost is one of the best hosting service providers. I use it for more than 6 years. Dreamhost is my first choice for hosting.
Here is the DreamHost Promo Code “G2SAVING“. You can save $50 if you enter this promo code on signup yearly.
Dreamhost hosting has following features:
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Full Shell users
- Unlimited Email accounts
- Unlimited MySQL database
- Debian Linux based
The old firmware on this Kobo Mini is 2.1.5. Today I did an update, it is 2.4.0 now.
Here is the guide to make update.
1) Make sure you’re within range of an available Wi Fi network, and that your eReader’s battery is fully charged. You must stay within range of this network while your eReader updates.
2) From the Home page, tap the Menu icon.
3) Tap the Sync button.
4) Your eReader will connect to the network and will inform you of an available software update.
5) You will be asked to agree to the update.
6) When finished the update, the eReader will inform you and restart. Once it is powered up, you will see the list of What’s New.
Here is the release notes I received.
Calibre has released new version 0.9.19. I did not update 0.9.18. So just install 0.9.19 to update old 0.9.17.
New Features of 0.9.19
- New tool: “Polish books” that allows you to perform various automated cleanup actions on EPUB and AZW3 files without doing a full conversion.
- Driver for the Trekstor Pyrus Mini.
- E-book viewer: Add an option to change the minimum font size.
- PDF Output: Add support for converting documents with math typesetting, as described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/typesetting_math.html
- Column coloring/icons: Add more conditions when using date based columns with reference to ‘today’.
New Features of 0.9.18
- New metadata source: Edelweiss, a catalog of books that is updated directly by publishers. To enable it, go to Preferences->Metadata download and enable the Edelweiss plugin.
- Add an option to add extra spacing between rows in the book list. (Preferences->Look & Feel)
- Column coloring/icons: Add a ‘days ago’ condition, useable with columns that store dates to set colors/icons based on the number of days before today
- E-book viewer: Add shortcuts Ctrl+= and Ctrl+- to increase/decrease text size.
- When showing possible duplicates after adding books, also show the file formats.
- Driver for Trekstor Ventos Tablet
Amazon released the new firmware of Kindle Touch. Firmware 5.3.2.
Update procedures are clearly described at official site here.
- Download the firmware 5.3.2. It is 50MB. File name is Update_kindle_5.3.2.bin
- Copy the file to Kindle root.
- Press Menu > Settings, then press Menu > Update Your Kindle, wait the device update and restart.
It is based on phpBB 3.0.11. I checked the Google Analytics report. There are about 20% users using cellphone or iPad.
To accommodate these users, I installed a mobile style on it and added the Mobile device detection facilitate.
There are 4 steps to install it. Very easy.
Download the Style package and unzip it.
Unzip it and the folder structure looks like below.
Upload all files unziped into the Styles folder on server.
Microsoft monthly Security updates of Feb. 2013 released today.
There are five critical updates
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2792100)
- Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2797052)
- Vulnerability in Media Decompression Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2780091)
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2809279)
- Vulnerability in OLE Automation Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2802968)
My desktop motherboard has a new BIOS released. Current one is E7786AMS v1.6; the new one is v1.7, which fixed some USB problem.
So as my habit, I like to keep things updated.
I downloaded the BIOS zip file from MSI official site for A55M-P33
Unzip it and put the files into a USB disk with FAT format.
Then, plugin the USB disk, restart the PC and hit DEL key to BIOS setting,click M-Flash, choose Select One File to Update BIOS.
It gave me the choice of USB disk and bios file.
It took less one minute to write to BIOS. When done, it auto-reboot.
Then I have the problem here. It can not load Windows 7 64bit. Even I tried to use the fix tool. Still not work.
Linux Malware Detect is a malware scanner for Linux released under the GNU GPLv2 license, that is designed around the threats faced in shared hosted environments. Here is a HOWTO to show you the installation on CentOS 6.3.
1) SSH to CentOS server
2) Get the source package
I have 5 domains, which I am holding for more than five years. Some with Google PageRank 3. All dot com domains.
Here is the list.
For Lamp industry?
For Sports Insurance? Recreational Insurance?
Good for Casino Poker? Poker Magic?
For Tibet information site?
For whatever you want.
I have VPS and Webmin on it. I use Webmin as control panel.
Webmin just release 1.620. Upgrade my Webmin as noticed.
Click the button, Upgrade Webmin Now, to upgrade it.