I have some files need to be sync between office PC and home computer.
Sometimes I use USB disk, sometimes I use email. The problem is I may forget which one is updated one. It did happen that I use the old version overwrite the new one.
No I found Dropbox, which can solve my problem. At least it is what he said.
After click the link above, and download the program, install it in your computer.
You can have an folder to be sync with your pc and other computer.
Dropbox will keep a 30 day history of your files which in the Dropbox folder.
Thunderbird 3 released. Very soon, it is 3.0.1 now.
Find Thunderbird 3 here. I use this email client in the office. Great and fast.
Firefox has 3.6 just few days ago. I update it on both my office computer and home pc.
If you don’t have it, try Firefox 3.6. I do think it is the best internet browser right now.
I enabled IIS 7 on one of my Windows 7 box. When I click start the default site, it always give me error. Said something wrong of the setting. Only when I change the binding port to other than 80, it works.
So, I think port 80 is occupied by other program.
I google it and find the way to point it out.
1) Command line.
I found PID 2448 took the port 80
2) Command line
So it is clear that Skype use Port 80
As we know, official Google blog give a post said it get attack from China. It means from China Gov.
This attack tried to access the Gmail accounts of Chinese human rights activists. I do not think it is just for these person. If they can do it to them, them may do it to you in future.
They has no limitation. No rule.
OK, to play safe. We have to try our best to protect our own property. Including emails and any visible or invisible property.
Google can let you use https to connect Gmail account.
HTTPS encryption keeps your mail secure as it travels between your web browser and Gmail servers, so someone sharing your favorite coffee shop’s public wifi can’t maliciously read it. Banks and credit card companies use this same protocol to keep your online accounts safe. To protect your Gmail account, we’ve turned on the option to “always use HTTPS” for everyone. This added layer of security can make Gmail slower, so if you don’t use unencrypted wireless connections, you can choose to disable this option in your account Settings. Even if you change this setting, Gmail will always encrypt the login page to protect your password.
It is an option, but I STRONGLY suggest you to use HTTPS connection.
Now, I upgrade this blog to MovableType 5.01.
I have to say, something is not good enough.
I think MT5 add the site which I don’t need is not good idea.
Why sixapart add the site without ask the blog owner?
I just want MT keep my blog.
OK. I have to say two good points.
1) Rebuild is so fast.
It took about 10 minutes to republish all files. And not get 500 error.
2) Comments pagination is good.
It is so happy that MovableType 5 open to download. Actually it is 5.01.
I did an test upgrade in my test blog. The upgrade procedure is similar to the before.
The upgrade log is
* Upgrading database from version 4.0076.
* Upgrading table for entry_rev records…
* Upgrading table for template_rev records…
* Upgrading table for Website records…
* Upgrading table for MT::Entry::Summary records…
* Upgrading table for Entry records…
* Upgrading table for Session records…
* Upgrading table for MT::Author::Summary records…
* Upgrading table for Template records…
* Upgrading table for Permission records…
* Rebuilding permissions… (100%)
* Updating existing role name…
* Populating new role for website…
* Migrating mtview.php to MT5 style…
* Assigning new system privilege for system administrator…
* Assigning to davidyin…
* Updating existing role name…
* Populating new role for theme…
* Upgrading Asset path informations…
* Classifying blogs… (100%)
* Merging dashboard settings… (100%)
* Migrating existing 5 blogs into websites and its children…
* Generated a website http://g2soft.net/
* Moved blog MT Unofficial Site (http://www.yinfor.com/blog/retired-sites-and-testing-site.html) under website g2soft.net
* Moved blog P site (http://www.yinfor.com/blog/retired-sites-and-testing-site.htmlp_site/) under website g2soft.net
* Moved blog Motion (http://www.yinfor.com/blog/retired-sites-and-testing-site.htmlmotion/) under website g2soft.net
* Moved blog MT4 forum (http://www.yinfor.com/blog/retired-sites-and-testing-site.htmlmt4_forum/) under website g2soft.net
* Moved blog Action stream blog (http://www.yinfor.com/blog/retired-sites-and-testing-site.htmlaction_stream_blog/) under website g2soft.net
* Migrating CustomFields type… (100%)
* Database has been upgraded to version 5.0016.
* Plugin ‘Professional Pack’ upgraded successfully to version 1.51 (schema version 1.51).